“Fancy food with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Solna

Solna
Ranked #467 of 1,470 Restaurants in Helsinki
Price range: US$37 - US$148
Cuisines: European, French, Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Helsinki, Finland
“Fancy food with excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

I love Solna! It is sophisticated, fancy and service is exeptional. Never had dinner there but lunch was so good!

Service was very personal, in a good way. You can really feet that you are taken care of.

Yes, it is pricey but I am happy to pay when I´ll receive this kind of lunch experience.

• Visited November 2010

• Finnish first
“terrible and slow service. Rude waiter.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I popped to get some of their famous home lunch with good expectations. A lovely lady took my order at the counter and guided me to the table outside on the terrace. After a few minutes of waiting at the table waiter came to tell me in a rude manner that I'm at the wrong table, the part where I was sitting was reserved for persons who are eating from the menu, and pointed me to go to the other end of the terrace. The terrace was almost empty and the mistake of guiding me to sit there was on their own behalf. So there I was being kicked out of the table like a non wanted, second grade customer. People sitting on the next table to me were ogling and wondering what is going on.
After when I moved to the other table, I waited for an half an hour for my meal, it never came, so I went to pay for my mineralwater, and explained that I could wait no more, I have to get back to work.

So there is my five cents worth. Food is propably good, I'll never know. My advice is to order from the menu, that way You might get a chance of getting a decent service. My first and last visit.

Helsinki, Finland
“Among top 10 gourmet restaurants in Helsinki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I live in Munkkiniemi area so I've eaten in Solna something like 50 times. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a cosy gourmet restaurant outside city centre. It's not the cheapest restaurant in Helsinki, but not even close to being the most expensive. Solna got Guide Michelin's bib gourmand rating for good food at moderate prices a couple of years ago.

If you are staying at Kalastajatorppa hotel, Solna is just a 5 minutes walk away and well worth the trip. From city centre take tram #4 for a 15 min ride.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Virtanen
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The best bistro outside...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2008

The best bistro outside the centre of Helsinki. Michelin worthy gourmet experience guaranteed. This restaurant is simply for those that enjoy great quality food without all the pretentiousness!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“very good. the best in our neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2008

very good. the best in our neighborhood

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook