“They have the Grail of cheesecakes!”
Review of Wilhelmiina

Wilhelmiina
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Jyvaskyla
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Have you ever seen the movie "Indiana Jones and the last crusade"? The one where the most common looking cup in the middle of golden and glittering cups turns out to be the Grail? Well, let me tell you a similar story.

This café has their showcase full of more and more beautiful cakes and cheesecakes and I bet they all taste amazing. I went here with a craving for a baked cheesecake, not the ones that are setted in a fridge with heaps of gelatin. After carefully checking out all the beautiful (cheese)cakes, I spotted a very undecorated, unfancy, plain looking cheesecake. The label told me it was the house cheesecake. It looked so plain I thought to myself it had to taste amazing. Well you know what? I was right.

The cheesecake totally hit a home run for me, in its simplicity it was like it took me to the cheesecake heaven and back. It was exactly what I needed for my cheesecake craving. I don't know how else to convince you to give it a try.

I would've given a five-star rating, but the rush hour clearly was showing on the staff members' faces. I didn't really get any hint of a smile out of them, so it felt as if the staff wasn't too friendly. Disregarding that, the service was quite fast. The café itself was a lot bigger than it is showing on the street. A very convenient location as well.

Go get a taste of that Grail, won't you? ;)

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful café in the centrum in a beatiful, olde building. Tasty salads and salty pastries and heavenly cakes. Very friendly service. Nice place to sit with friends or for waiting your train/bus. /Ihana kahvila keskustassa kauniissa, vanhassa talossa. Maistuvat salaatit ja suolaiset ja kakut ovat taivaallisia. Erittäin ystävällinen palvelu. Hyvä paikka ystävien kanssa istuskeluun tai junan/bussin odotteluun.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Sandwich fine and plain coffee ok. Tables do not suit to the other interiors of the place. They remind me about gas station cafes. Traffic next to the cafeteria is disturbing: lots of buses passing by.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a coffee. They make their own pastries etc. The setting is nice. Not a bad place to come.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

The prices were incredibly cheap compared to Tampere where I live, and on top of it, all the things there were soooo tasty!! I can especially recommend the carrot cake <3.

Date of visit: February 2018