Fosshotel Baron(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$180
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$179
US$290
US$251
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$171
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

US$214
US$290
  • Bar/Lounge
US$307
US$269
All reviewsshared bathroombreadgreat locationthe bussmall wardrobebudget accommodationfamous churchmain churchbreakfast was includedhamguest houseseparate bedsminute walkcity centrenice breakfasttea and coffeedouble room
Reviewed March 31, 2017

My friend and I stayed at a twin room in the main building of the guesthouse.
They generally met my expectations for a guesthouse. The hotel is at the city centre. The room is clean and warm enough. We're near a bathroom, but I am not sure how many rooms share the same bathroom. I really don't like the smell of the water from their shower, but it's something not to worry about. I've been told by our tour guide that all of the tap water from Iceland is clean, but some of them do smell like sulfur (sulfur really smells bad). They provide an average breakfast buffet in the morning as well. One thing that frustrated my friend though is that they have a really poor wifi connection. I read from the reviews that wifi is good in the guesthouse's main building, but we can't even connect to it even if we're just a floor above the router.

Anyway, if you need to save money and want to stay at the centre of the expensive city of Reykjavik, I can still say that Aurora is a good option (as long as you won't mind the things that I've mentioned above).

1  Thank Marcus R
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Location is good. I stayed in the main building but totally no wifi at all. Better to stop advertising that they have wifi. Water smells strong sulfur but its fine. Quality of sleep is poor because our room is located adjacent to the bathroom and at the middle of the night I heard people trying to open our door knobs because they thought it's the bathroom. You can hear also loud voices and loud steps from other guests and people preparing for breakfast ( around 4 am) grrrr..

3  Thank goarv2017
Reviewed March 27, 2017

One of the main reasons for selecting this hotel was due to the website stating ‘Free Parking’ – the hotel has no parking!!!! It is possible to park on the street, but we had to park a distance away and walk back with our bags.

Describing in as a hotel is misleading, it would be better described as a hostel as it seem to sit in that market much better.

The room was ok, but so noisy – you could hear every footstep on the stairs, the front door banged every time anyone went through too. It was also single glazed and on the ground floor, so the noise from the street was a problem too.

Due to that it was two of the worst nights sleep I have ever had.

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my family and friends (two quad rooms) for one night. The location was very convenient to the sites in Reykjavik, and the pizza restaurant next door is very good. The beds were comfortable, and the shared bathroom for the floor was clean. The tap water did smell of sulfur, but I would guess that is common in Iceland. Breakfast was good with choice of fresh breads and jams, cheese, meat, cereal, coffee, juices, etc.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great. It's in the city center. They have breakfast too which makes it convenient for travelers who have to go out to find food for breakfast. The only problem is that the wifi has problems. We were staying not on the main building. We were staying the building next door of the main building and the wifi can't be connected. If you want to stay , try requesting for main building. Not the extension building. Overall it was ok.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple