All reviewsshared bathroombreadgreat locationthe busbudget accommodationfamous churchmain churchhamguest housebreakfast was includedseparate bedsminute walknice breakfastcity centretea and coffeedouble roomstayed here for nights
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I needed a base while in Iceland and this fit the bill completely. Very reasonable price. VERY clean. Young man did a through cleaning from top to bottom everyday. Room was small, but had what I needed. I had a little sink in the room, a desk with chair and a very comfortable twin bed. I enjoyed the communal sitting area for breakfast each morning. The location was great. Easy to walk to all of the major sites in the downtown area. I felt very safe and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

clean and simple and you get what you pay for ! would have been nice to have a kettle in the room and puffer pillow (there almost none exsinst) and breakfast is the same every day ! (but hey is free) ! near the city center though and the main church makes easy map reading ! also very near a nice thermal swimming bath ! would stay again if i was ever back here !

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Great location within easy walking distance of pretty much everything. Plenty of food available in the breakfast buffet and you really appreciate having that to fill up on in a city as expensive as Reykjavik! We would usually book a hotel with en suite but couldn't afford it here and have to say sharing a bathroom presented us with no problems. It was a bit small but kept very clean and we rarely had to wait to use it. Didn't realise you have to take your own towels to a guesthouse but we'd brought some to use at the lagoons so wasn't an issue. Basic but comfortable place to stay when all you really need is a bed to sleep in as you're out exploring all day!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2017

My friend and I stayed at a twin room in the main building of the guesthouse.
They generally met my expectations for a guesthouse. The hotel is at the city centre. The room is clean and warm enough. We're near a bathroom, but I am not sure how many rooms share the same bathroom. I really don't like the smell of the water from their shower, but it's something not to worry about. I've been told by our tour guide that all of the tap water from Iceland is clean, but some of them do smell like sulfur (sulfur really smells bad). They provide an average breakfast buffet in the morning as well. One thing that frustrated my friend though is that they have a really poor wifi connection. I read from the reviews that wifi is good in the guesthouse's main building, but we can't even connect to it even if we're just a floor above the router.

Anyway, if you need to save money and want to stay at the centre of the expensive city of Reykjavik, I can still say that Aurora is a good option (as long as you won't mind the things that I've mentioned above).

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcus R
Reviewed March 31, 2017

Location is good. I stayed in the main building but totally no wifi at all. Better to stop advertising that they have wifi. Water smells strong sulfur but its fine. Quality of sleep is poor because our room is located adjacent to the bathroom and at the middle of the night I heard people trying to open our door knobs because they thought it's the bathroom. You can hear also loud voices and loud steps from other guests and people preparing for breakfast ( around 4 am) grrrr..

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends