“Lovely!”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #21 of 563 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Cosy and friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for rejkyavik. My partner, a strict vegetarian was able to choose from several desserts.....a rare treat. We had soup bread & houmus followed by vegan cheesecake and chocolate torte (divine!) & delicious coffees!

1  Thank pinkheart

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We loved this place! Good vegetarian food, friendly service, so much like a home-cooked meal that my daughter kept asking if we were going to eat dinner "at that lady's house" again. It was a lot like eating a dinner prepared by Grandma: no frills, good, healthful food, you eat what's on the menu that night (the night we went was a vegan "vegetable goulash," a bean/peanut paste [my daughter absolutely loved this], and a creamy [vegan] soup, served with a salad on the side). Definitely would recommend to anyone wanting a comfortable, friendly dining experience in Reykjavik.

2  Thank stella_luna33
Reviewed January 28, 2014

the food was perfect, tasty, fresh, filling... I went twice and chose the menu, 2 plates for 1180 ISK. there are jars of water and you can just chill inside. The cakes are all amazing and I had a hot chocolate with soy milk,,,,very very good. I loved the place and it is central, parallel to the main street, near the church.

1  Thank cristinagps
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good quality vegetarian food in a central location in Reykjavik.
Carrot cake is the best I've ever tasted!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stopped here for lunch we had soup with bread and humus 1050 ISK which is typical cost for this. They have a set menu for the week, with two options each day so it is limited but I like the idea as it reduces food waste. The soup was lovely and obviously freshly made and good ingredients. There is free water jugs and the staff are really friendly. Its small and the interior is plain but clean and bright. Worth a stop for food which you know is fully vegetarian and fresh.

1  Thank cozza753