“Small but perfectly formed”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #19 of 563 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Good quality food served in a buzzy cafe atmosphere. Price is about average for the city but the quality was excellent!

1  Thank Neil H

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Cosy and friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for rejkyavik. My partner, a strict vegetarian was able to choose from several desserts.....a rare treat. We had soup bread & houmus followed by vegan cheesecake and chocolate torte (divine!) & delicious coffees!

1  Thank pinkheart
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We loved this place! Good vegetarian food, friendly service, so much like a home-cooked meal that my daughter kept asking if we were going to eat dinner "at that lady's house" again. It was a lot like eating a dinner prepared by Grandma: no frills, good, healthful food, you eat what's on the menu that night (the night we went was a vegan "vegetable goulash," a bean/peanut paste [my daughter absolutely loved this], and a creamy [vegan] soup, served with a salad on the side). Definitely would recommend to anyone wanting a comfortable, friendly dining experience in Reykjavik.

2  Thank stella_luna33
Reviewed January 28, 2014

the food was perfect, tasty, fresh, filling... I went twice and chose the menu, 2 plates for 1180 ISK. there are jars of water and you can just chill inside. The cakes are all amazing and I had a hot chocolate with soy milk,,,,very very good. I loved the place and it is central, parallel to the main street, near the church.

1  Thank cristinagps
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Good quality vegetarian food in a central location in Reykjavik.
Carrot cake is the best I've ever tasted!