“Excellent small cafe”
Review of Cafe Gardurinn

Cafe Gardurinn
Ranked #20 of 573 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Was delighted to find this small vegetarian cafe. The menu is simple, so you have to surrender and go with the daily specials but my curry was delicious. Excellent cappuccino too. Only sorry I didn't go back for a second visit which I had fully intended to do. I got distracted by whale-watching however and therefore didn't get back to try the carrot cake :( Next time!

Date of visit: July 2014
2  Thank Reviewer1007

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had by far the best carrot cake I have ever tasted there, I tried my mum's chokolate cake as well and it was delicious. Can't wait to go back and try their food.
Very nice and reasonable café.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank Rut H
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Finding a good vegetarian restaurant in a country as carnivorous as Iceland can be a daunting task. Imagine our delight, then, when our Lonely Planet guidebook steered us to Cafe Gardurinn, near the heart of Reykjavik. Upon entering, a number of things seemed oddly familiar--the sky blue walls, the soft, barely audible music, the posters in the window for meditation classes. When we noticed "Neatloaf" on the menu, we put it all together. "Neatloaf" has long been our favorite menu item at Jiyoti Bihanga, a very nice vegetarian restaurant run by followers of the late Sri Chinmoy in our home city of San Diego. It turns out that Cafe Gardurinn in Reykjavik is also run by followers of Sri Chinmoy, a couple of whom spent time at the San Diego site and brought the Neatloaf recipe with them! Small world . . . Needless to say, if you like Jiyoti Bihanga in San Diego, you'll love Cafe Gardurinn in Reykjavik--same polite service, same reasonable prices, and same delicious, homemade food. If you are there on a day when the Neatloaf is on the menu, be sure to order it!

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank jtimothyk
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Good quality food served in a buzzy cafe atmosphere. Price is about average for the city but the quality was excellent!

1  Thank Neil H
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Cosy and friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced for rejkyavik. My partner, a strict vegetarian was able to choose from several desserts.....a rare treat. We had soup bread & houmus followed by vegan cheesecake and chocolate torte (divine!) & delicious coffees!

Date of visit: March 2014