“Chinois!”

Tian Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #428 of 565 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 25, 2016

There aren't many chinese restaurants in Iceland but this one is alright! And I know my chinese food!

Reviewed February 9, 2016

I did go there often but not now as I am often still a little hungry. The portions are very small but you get plenty of rice if you want. But usually the food is okey

Reviewed February 8, 2016

We ordered take out for Chinese New Year. I didn't have high expectations, judging by similar establishments in Reykjavík, but I thought I would try it after a few excellent reviews on TripAdviser. I can only assume the excellent reviews on TripAdvisor are fake because this was not only the worst Chinese food I've ever had but also possibly the worst food I've ever had.

I'm not even sure what the food was that I was served and it was completely inedible. I ordered stir fry vegetables in oyster sauce and I got fried cucumber and lettuce? The rice was hard, dry and tasteless. The prawn crackers were old and stale. I add insult to injury the price was fairly high too.

It completely ruined our new year celebrations and I still feel physically sick several hours after. Thank you fake reviewers for ruining my evening.

The only saving grace with this establishment is that the staff are nice.

3  Thank Laura H
Reviewed October 21, 2015

This is the very best Chinese restaurant in Iceland. The food is watering good, service is marvelous all the way and you don't have to take a second mortgage on you house to pay for the food :) This is the restaurant that the staff of the Chinese embassy get there food from and that says it all.

If you like chinese food per excellence then this is the place to go

Reviewed February 1, 2015

Couldn't find any restaurants near our hotel and was so happy when we came across the Tian. Sadly the food was just terrible. We had dim sum, heavy doughy and very little filling. Then we had Kung Po pork and beef with vegetables and oyster sauce which looked nothing like the menu, very grey and so full of salt. It was also really gloopy. The saving grace was the prawn crackers, the biggest I've ever seen and tasty. Cost about forty pounds. Avoid.

4  Thank ChucknJoany