1,270 results
All reviews hotel hostel top bunk bus station bed dorm common areas bar downstairs the main street enjoyed my stay happy hour stayed nights blackout curtains the location is perfect downtown reykjavik beds floor backpackers lock
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Convenient Laugavegur location within walking distance of city centre and across from Hlemmur Mathöll. Modern design and comfortable, but a little worn which is understandable considering Reykjavík is a party town. Ocean/mountain view from our room was ever-changing and beautiful!

Room Tip: Go for the breakfast. Heated towel bars would be a welcome addition, considering they're standard many other places in Europe.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HSManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hlemmur Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2018

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay! We are currently undergoing renovations and I hope that if you come back to Reykjavik you stay with us and check out the results!

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Though I had some trouble sleeping with people coming in and out of the room later and earlier from different travel arrivals and departures; overall the hostel was very clean, comfortable and accommodating. A great affordable way to visit Iceland.

Room Tip: Bring your towel, they have rentals available for $8 but good to have your own too.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your great review, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we get to welcome you back if you are ever in Reykjavik again!

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

It’s part hotel, part hostel located at bus stop 10, an easy short walk from the centre.
We stayed 3 nights in the hotel section. The room was great having a massive and comfortable double mattress and an en suite shower bathroom, all very clean.
Good breakfast with a choice of cooked or cold food and as much as you could eat.
It has a restaurant and a bar with a happy hour from 4-8pm.
There’s a bit coin ATM for any not quite first adopters.
Not sure on VFM as I didn’t book it and so didn’t research alternatives to compare it with.
Good free WiFi.
I’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevins1966

Reviewed March 6, 2018

It was my first time to stay in a dormitory room because hotel in Iceland was very expensive. I stayed in a 4 person dormitory that the experience was not so good because there could be person check in anytime round the clock. Staff were helpful and friendly and I strongly recommend the buffet breakfast if it was booked 1 day in advance for 1450ISK. Such price was very attractive given that food was also very expensive in Iceland

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I would describe everything about this hostel as average – cleanliness, comfort, atmosphere. I stayed in a 12 bunk room which of course didn’t allow for much sleep but it was spacious and fairly clean. There were only 2 showers for women on my floor and they were separated by just a curtain which I found a little uncomfortable. The restrooms and kitchen were fairly clean. The staff was helpful and nice

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. We always strive to improve the experience of our guests which can not be done without feedback, so we value your response. On the hostel floor you were staying on there are two shower rooms (divided by gender) in each wing of the floor. We have recently made this information clearer to our guests due to feedback like yours. I am sorry we did not fully meet your expectations and hope that if you return to Reykjavik we might get the chance to improve your experience of us.