All reviews communal areas city centre basin supermarket connect tv
Reviewed October 24, 2015

When I arrived at Guesthouse SummerDay (at 6 in the morning) I did not have any issues gaining access to my room.After braving a long flight, chilly morning and bus ride from the airport I was grateful to be in a space that felt like a home. The room and linens were clean as were the common areas and shared bathroom. I loved the fact that shoes were left downstairs in an alcove just off the entry way and walking around barefoot or in socks was not a problem. Hot water was really hot! The kitchen had a good selection of utensils and refrigerator/freezer worked well. The Guesthouse is also within a 10 minute walk to grocery store, bakery, restaurants and other amenities. The bus stops right out front and downtown is only a 30 minute walk away. For budget travel, this was a nice place.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed October 19, 2015 via mobile

I had a very smooth check in and check out..The owner is even good enough to help us to change iceland kroner as we have difficulty finding a bank in iceland! The room is clean and spacious..wifi works perfectly fine as well as the kitchen and bathroom are all in perfect condition..spotless! Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

Paid two visits to the guesthouse this month. The room was small but was clean and fully equipped with infloor heating systems, own basin and comfy beds. You can find everything you need in the shared area, including computer and printer. The wifi connection was strong and stable as well.

In 10-min walk, there are budget convenience store, bar and restaurant, bakery, cafes and car rental company. Flybus offered drop-off and pick-up service to this guesthouse almost right at the door, of which service you would love to have if you will visit Iceland in the freezing winter.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2015

If we wouldn't have arrived past midnight, we've had moved on. Obviously floor or windows were freshly painted, but room wasn't vented afterwards. When we opened the window the traffic was clearly audible in the morning. Shades didn't work really. It was never dark due to the street lights outside. Also a no go: No toilet brush in a shared bathroom (I mean, come on!). It wasn't expensive, but I'd never go there again. In the morning we didn't meet anybody from the crew to complain. Just left the keys.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2015 via mobile

I booked this accommodation as the city centre was fully booked. It's only a 5 minute bus away from the centre.The owners were very helpful and the accommodation was excellent. There's space for parking and the rooms are very clean. There is also a very nice common area.

I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo