All reviews communal areas city centre hot water basin supermarket connect tv
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Well, we came in on Wednesday, Aug 16-23. The room is clean, but no closet to hang our clothes or a drawer nor a mirror. We told the owner no closet, drawer or mirror. The owner stated he would give us another room. Well, it turned out he rented the room he was to give us. He did show us a room in the basement with not enough ventilation. A small window (and that week it was HOT). This part of the the house is new. So if some have had good reviews maybe they were on the other side or they were men, or sorry Caucasian; we're Asian/Mexican. The owner spoke Icelandic with my sister. I don't understand the language. The owner took us down and stated to her to hurry as he was very busy. Of course you have to take your shoes off and this takes time. If I had known I would've told him off. There is renovation inside the house and outside of the house. If the owner would've told us this sooner, maybe we wouldn't have stayed there. Of course he wouldn't tell us this. My sister asked for a discount due to this and he stated No. Also, there was an extra drawer in the basement room and my sister asked him if we could have it sent up; again he stated no he couldn't. I feel he was very discriminating toward us. I will NEVER stay there even if it were for FREE. or if the last place on EARTH. I didn't let it over shadow my holiday. When my sister stated it would cost me $568.00 dollars I should've said no... my mistake, but I will come again and definitely stay at the Hilton (2,500) 6 days. I'm saving now for my trip back to Iceland. The rest room has a window in the shower and the workers outside can see your whole body. I'm not into that. I put a towel to cover the window. Also, he let me use the ironing board, but no cover. I rather stay at Motel 6 at least I'll have a closet, drawers, and a Mirror in the room and treated with dignity. Sorry if I offend some, but this was Not Cool or Just on his part.

Room Tip: Don't go to Guesthouse Summer Day. GO somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RubySnowRosano
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

There was a lot of noice from streets and from kitchen. Can't sleep when there is someone cooking. Also WiFi didnt work at all. And it was kind a weird that you have to call to number before you can go inside. Couldnt use shower because there was only cold or hot water nothing between.

It is far from downtown but there is buses going all the time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Nice little place, clean and fairly affordable. A good place to get cleaned up if you have been on the road a while. It is far from the down town but if you like to walk it is maybe 4km to the harbour. Regular bus service should be not problem as this place is close to lots of shopping malls and non tourist restaurants. Parking is available and included in the price.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2017

Stayed here with my boyfriend on holiday. Very friendly owners who said hello every morning and asked you about your stay; good view with fresh flowers everyday.

Communal areas were very nice, a high quality TV in the living room with availability for WiFi and able to connect to your personal Amazon prime and Netflix. One of the rooms was being redone in a backroom during the stay - it was quiet and behind a closed door only in the daytime. Unnoticeable during the stay and did not interfere with my time there at all. Unaware of it until the last day!

Additionally, WiFi was good - there are two free WiFi channels to connect to - one is fast.

Amazing power shower with instant drainage, clean bathroom. Other reviewers may complain of sulphur water but this is the same as all other areas in Iceland - all water on a warm setting smells of sulphur as it is fresh from the Icelandic spring. Wonderfully clean white rooms and sheets. Kitchen had well-managed appliances and a dishwasher; some free food was provided in cupboards and in the fridge.

Well placed by many accessible bus stops; 5 minutes from a 24hr supermarket and 10 minutes from a major shopping centre.

Criticisms?

- There was a small leak in the room I stayed in though this was brought to the attention of the owners quickly
- It was not easy to understand where to enter as you must go to the back of the building and then to the florist opposite to meet the owners (or call the provided number on the guesthouse)
- One or two appliances did not work such as the towel heater but this was insignificant

Room Tip: Double room was very comfy with a nice view in the morning and right opposite the bathroom!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2017

Allthough the place was very clean and cleaned every day there was mold in the windows and in my room there was no heating and very poor ventilation. Shared bathroom which was ok but it took a long time to get warm water. My daughter and I got both sick and we suspect it was the water from the kitchen. Not an inviting place and it is still under renovation. Poor internet connection. For such a poor place the price is way to high. Not recommending this place.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family