All reviews hour supermarket bathroom upstairs communal areas minute walk city centre would definitely stay here again the bus basin tv
Reviewed February 19, 2018

We enjoyed our stay for 4 nights at this Guesthouse.
Very conveniently located in Reykjavik. It's just about 8-10 mins. walk to the a major grocery store
The owners and staff are very pleasant and helpful
This is a plus, when one is visiting a country for the first time and need directions, etc.
The room and the bathroom were very clean and comfortable. The sink in the room was a bonus
The kitchen has a variety of utensils and every room was assigned one shelf in the refrigerator.
The bus stops just in front of the building and downtown is about 10mins by bus.
The price is within reason and I will surely recommend it.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. At first when I reached there I was not sure how to get in as the entrance is at the back and it was nearly 2am. There was a sign to call. Once you are in there it's a very nice house with good size communal areas with sofas and tables. Also a good flat screen telly too. Bathroom upstairs is very nice and clean. Didn't use the ones downstairs. Kitchen is good with all equipment and the fridge has separate shelves for each room.
Room I stayed was good. Single bed. They changed towels daily and there was a was basin in the room which was useful. Only issue is that the pillow was wholly inadequate and small. Other than that no complaints.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Well, we came in on Wednesday, Aug 16-23. The room is clean, but no closet to hang our clothes or a drawer nor a mirror. We told the owner no closet, drawer or mirror. The owner stated he would give us another room. Well, it turned out he rented the room he was to give us. He did show us a room in the basement with not enough ventilation. A small window (and that week it was HOT). This part of the the house is new. So if some have had good reviews maybe they were on the other side or they were men, or sorry Caucasian; we're Asian/Mexican. The owner spoke Icelandic with my sister. I don't understand the language. The owner took us down and stated to her to hurry as he was very busy. Of course you have to take your shoes off and this takes time. If I had known I would've told him off. There is renovation inside the house and outside of the house. If the owner would've told us this sooner, maybe we wouldn't have stayed there. Of course he wouldn't tell us this. My sister asked for a discount due to this and he stated No. Also, there was an extra drawer in the basement room and my sister asked him if we could have it sent up; again he stated no he couldn't. I feel he was very discriminating toward us. I will NEVER stay there even if it were for FREE. or if the last place on EARTH. I didn't let it over shadow my holiday. When my sister stated it would cost me $568.00 dollars I should've said no... my mistake, but I will come again and definitely stay at the Hilton (2,500) 6 days. I'm saving now for my trip back to Iceland. The rest room has a window in the shower and the workers outside can see your whole body. I'm not into that. I put a towel to cover the window. Also, he let me use the ironing board, but no cover. I rather stay at Motel 6 at least I'll have a closet, drawers, and a Mirror in the room and treated with dignity. Sorry if I offend some, but this was Not Cool or Just on his part.

Room tip: Don't go to Guesthouse Summer Day. GO somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank RubySnowRosano
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

There was a lot of noice from streets and from kitchen. Can't sleep when there is someone cooking. Also WiFi didnt work at all. And it was kind a weird that you have to call to number before you can go inside. Couldnt use shower because there was only cold or hot water nothing between.

It is far from downtown but there is buses going all the time.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Nice little place, clean and fairly affordable. A good place to get cleaned up if you have been on the road a while. It is far from the down town but if you like to walk it is maybe 4km to the harbour. Regular bus service should be not problem as this place is close to lots of shopping malls and non tourist restaurants. Parking is available and included in the price.

Date of stay: March 2017