4,251 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant free bus pass great hotel city centre happy hour tour desk minute walk blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights blackout curtains early check rental car comfortable hotel skyr golden circle
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica for 6 nights. Upon our arrival from an overnight flight, we were relieved to be able to check in within half an hour and take a well needed power nap. We were advised there was a charge for this service but agreed.
At check- Lin we decided to add breakfast and I’m happy we did as the area is so expensive and the trips around the island that we booked were oh so early daily. The variety of food offered was quite big. We also had dinner at the restaurant VOX( same space just transformed at night) and I must say it was delightful. VOX is a Michelin restaurant and they served it up in style.
Al. The staff we dealt with during our stay were pleasant, polite and rather helpful.
The rooms were clean but no coffee machine. No water. Those items had to be purchased downstairs. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it as I believe it to be the best in town. Plus when you take tours, you always know your bus will pick you up and drop you off at the door!

I included a picture of the lobby area.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton for four nights during our stay to Iceland. Perfect walking distance to Reykjavík - about a leisurely 15 minute walk and a great way to feel what Iceland town is about.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They couldn’t do enough to make sure we had a comfortable stay and were happy with everything. The rooms were a little on the small side to what we’re used to but that wasn’t an issue. Comfy beds which were turned down each day, super clean bathroom and large bath (I’m a sticker for a clean bathroom and this was great!)

The food (Iceland prices so OUCH) was lush. I wasn’t expecting it to be as nice as it was. We initially ate in the bar area which was a cosy, dimly-lit area with a gorgeous fireplace and I’m Gluten and Dairy Free - the bar staff were wonderful and adjusted the menu so I could have a GF/DF club sandwich and chips (oh my gosh the chips...NAILED IT ) If you don’t have dinner there, just order a bowl of chips one night with your pint. You won’t regret it!!

Another night we ate in the restaurant but it was quite rushed and the staff do not give you the same attention and politeness as the bar staff. I presume this is because they are busy but the experience wasn’t as nice for us - which is odd as we thought a restaurant experience would be better - so the remainder of the nights we stuck to the bar area and had a much more chilled out evening.

Overall I cannot fault the Hilton and our next trip to Iceland I will certainly be heading straight back here. Well done guys, this is how you do it!!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of March. Easy check in, were given an upgrade to the top floor and the room was very comfortable with great views from the floor to ceiling windows. Bathroom very small but had everything you need and the bed was super comfy. The hotel is about a 15 min easy walk I to the centre of Reykjavík or you can catch the bus immediately outside of the hotel. We used the spa once and had a free in spa head and shoulder massage - very relaxing. TIP upgrade to an executive room, this gives you access to the executive lounge which includes a free breakfast and happy hour every evening - saves you money as be warned Iceland is VERY expensive.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica for a week in March. We are Hilton Gold so got an upgrade halfway through our stay. We also got executive lounge access. That was big because of the free breakfast and happy hour.
Everything in Iceland is so expensive that these freebies saved a lot.
The staff from front desk to housekeeping was very helpful and accommodating. Just about the best I have ever seen. We arranged NorthernLights, Golden Circle and South Coast tours through the concierge desk. It was easy.
The rooms were big, clean, and nicely furnished in a modern motif.
The only downside is the location. It is outside of the city center. You can walk it but the bus or taxi is better.
If it were closer I would have given a five rating. There are two other Hilton hotels in Reykjavík. I would consider them if only because of their location closer in.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing such a memorable and wonderful review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed interacting with our staff as well as the room comfort. Thank you for your lovely comments about our excellent staff, I will be sure to pass them on! And we are ever happy to hear a nice feedback about our service and wonderful staff

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica during our trip to Reykjavik. We wanted a more lux hotel and saw this hotel offered a restaurant and spa. Check In was simple and efficient- our room was clean and comfortable. We ordered room service twice- although pricy it was convenient. During our stay one of our tours was canceled so we decided to have a last minute spa appointment. We were treated to a 5 minute in water massage. This was a great treat before our treatment started. We also dipped in the outdoor and indoor hot tubs and indulged in the steam shower and sauna. My husband and I each had a 50 min massage. The masseurs were both professional and well trained. We both agreed our services were amazing!!!

Overall the hotel was a comfortable stay. I would recommend “Joe and the Juice, or Lemon,” for quick bites around the area. Both are close walking distance. It was easy to get a cab into the heart of the city - but it costs about $20 each way. I’d like to stay somewhere closer next time but we enjoyed the hotels amenities.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing this fabulous review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for pointing out various aspects of the hotel, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments. I look forward to your next visit to Reykjavik.