“A pleasant little place”
Review of Cafe Maria - CLOSED

Cafe Maria
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went here for lunch, food ok, nothing more. Friendly staff. All in all nothing to write home about but fine for a quick meal when you're not looking for a gourmet dinner.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stopped here for a quick meal while exploring the island. It was recommended by our guide for it's traditional Icelandic food. The mushroom soup was tasty and plentiful. The chicken with wild mushroom sauce was also very good. The prices were a bit high, but not extreme. Servers were friendly.

Would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on a day trip and I had a very tasty tomato and bacon soup. The salads looked good too. There was a group of us who all descended on them at once and they catered for us all without any fuss or bother at all.

1  Thank tadpole99
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My family and I had dinner at Cafe Maria. We had crepes, puffin, lobster sandwich, catfish, and daily fish special (one teen had chicken fingers) . All the food was good, even the puffin. The lobster sandwhich was too big and messy to eat with your hands, but it had good flavor and all the fish was fresh. The crepes were on the thick side, but the chicken cury filling was tasty. The service was a bit slow and the prices, like every where in Iceland were high. Overall, given the choices on the Island this is a good place for dinner.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I ate ther 3 days in a row lunch and dinner. No matter what I ordered the staff managed to serve it wrongly. Even a burger was terreble, burned but even though it was burned it was cold. Salad with lobster was ruined as I asked the waiter to serve the sauce on the sid, but it came with sauce anyway. When I returned it, and got a new dish back it was clear that the chef had only rinsed the lobster with water and used it again on the salad. Staff was friendly though,but not professional.

1  Thank Guðrún G