“Good Steak and Ribs”
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Indooroopilly
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Ate here for a friends birthday. The staff were very friendly and checked in with us regularly to see if we needed drinks etc. The venue had just another couple of tables filled so restaurant wasn't really busy... apart from the very noisy lady on the phone on the table next to us. We had some garlic bread to start and this was nicely cooked not too soft nor crunchy. We had steak and ribs- I had the 18 hour rib. Both steaks were cooked nicely and my 18 hour rib was very soft and had that lovely rendered down fat.. I am not a fan of curly fries which the dish came with but they were ok not like I have had in other places which were so well cooked they were too hard to eat. I had veg which was carrot, broccoli and corn.. The carrot was a little flabby, the broccoli nice and crunchy, the corn tasty although it could benefit from a little butter and browning on the grill. For our desert we had the fondue with strawberries, banana and marshmallows. The chocolate sauce was tasty and the fruit nice and fresh- there was plenty for two as a small desert each. We enjoyed our meal so if you like pub type food then this is going to be good for you.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

We had a pleasant meal at Hoggies. Great welcome by warm an enthusiastic staff. Food promptly served and to a well-worked formula. Not the highest quality but good enough to recommend.

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

Well, have never been before so thought to give a shot. We visited there on Monday night where a friendly staff welcome and gave a details of the menu clearly in few sentences which was very impressive. We all ordered the steaks which were cooked as demanded and the portions were gorgeous as the price. Ladies told that the cocktails were awesome. The fries were not good as the mash potatoes. I regretted as I had fries which looks less appealing in front of the mash potatoes.. The Black Forest ice-cream was at its best was

Reviewed 19 September 2015

TED Been there twice and really disappointed on both occasions. Went with two small children.
First time got an overcooked steak (and they claim to have great steaks). When I told them, they didn't offer any remedy or even apology.
Second time, I avoided the steaks, andthe food was acceptable, but their customer service was very poor. For example, after asking 3 times for a simple jug of water (and it having been acknowledged), eventually had to get it myself. Hate to think what happens when the place is really busy!
Hogsbreath Indooroopilly really needs to train its front of house staff better!

Reviewed 6 July 2015

We recently went to Hog's Breath, Indooroopilly for lunch to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday. The staff were absolutely fabulous! So energetic and positive! Our food and drinks were delicious and SO filling! I didn't eat dinner that night!
Thank you for making our lunch extra special :)