“Try”

Mosaic
Ranked #13 of 79 Restaurants in Altona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 4, 2018

For a suburban place its ok,food wascalright and with a 5min walk to altona beach is ok.the girl that served us was friendly as we meet people that were next to us and got carried way drinking, when you here bad reviews its best to go yourself and see we didnt have a problem its upto you if you walk in with negative face you will have crap time so so just go with flow if you dont like a place dont go again simple so reading a few bad reviews on this place is not what i got it was fine

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Three of us met there for coffee. When served we ordered our drinks mine being an English breakfast regular tea. When our drinks arrived I was served a camomile tea, my husband returned the pot to the counter, the male at the bar argued that it was what I'd asked for and that to him tea was tea.The waitress brought the menu to me and pointed out the teas which I had to choose from, I once again said that I wanted an English breakfast tea not a herbal tea. The waitress brought me my tea rudely thumped it onto the table in front of me and turned and walked away without a word. How rude!! This is the 3rd time that I have been in this place and have been subject to or witnessed rude and disrespectful service because someone has had to complain or return drink/food. I will not waste my time or money on this place again.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Mosaic used to be our fav eatery, a place we went to at least twice a week, we have watched a steady decline in the service and yesterday took our 1 yr old grand daughter there for lunch - waited and waited for someone to come to our table - they did not, so went and got our own menus then waited another 20 mins for some attention......Nothing! We walked out and shan't be back. The only reason I give 3 stars is from past experience. Lift your game Mosaic

Reviewed February 11, 2018

Went as a family Mum, Dad, 2 teenage boys and Miss 11 for a birthday dinner.
From the appetiser/tapas menu: Mixed dips (Hint: Get extra bread), Arancini balls, Salt n Pepper calamari, cheesy garlic bread with a twist (Spoiler:Hot chilli!!), and gratin Scallops. All really nice, although the garlic bread with a twist was too hot/spicy for the kids.
For main we ordered the Meat Assiete with some extra wedges - it is supposedly for 2 people but it was a HUGE platter, that we actually couldn't finish between the 5 of us.
No dessert as we were all too full.
A really good night, excellent food with good prompt service, considering it was a warm, busy Saturday night.
As a family it was great to go out for grown up food and come away at under $35 a head including soft drinks.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Really good lunch specials. Decor is dreadful! A mish mash of styles which is rather confusing and some old furniture that needs trashing! Get rid of the tv screens too!