“Lovely stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Freedom39...
“Comfortable apartment”
Reviewed April 27, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

When we booked the apartment we were informed that access was by door code which would be provided 2 days before arrival together with the wifi code. I didn't hear from the owner so had to email him, he replied that someone would be at the apartment to let us in. When we arrived we pressed the bell for Apartment 2 - no response. We tried again and waited, and I was on the point of trying to call the owner when the door was opened by the lady from Apartment 3, who had apparently been waiting in her own apartment. We still didn't have the wifi code so the following day I texted the owner (if you need to do this put 00 in front of the number given) and he replied with a code that didn't work - fortunately we had already worked it out by then.

Those niggles aside, we had a pleasant stay, the apartment is comfortable and well equipped and furnished with a great view of the sea - the port looks fabulous at night with all the lights on the water. Birzebugga was quiet in early April, quite of few of the bars and restaurants hadn't opened for the season. We can recommend the friendly True Blue bar and La Spaggiola Pizzeria, both close to the apartment. If you want a non-touristy location with a good bus service into Valetta or to Marsascala and Marsasloxx this is a good place to stay.

29 Apr 2018
Dear Mary, thank you for your review. We were doing some changes to the door code system and WiFi connectivity, you just caught us in the wrong moment. We were hoping to have the coding system before your arrival. All in all, we hope that you enjoyed your stay and the quality level of the apartment was to your satisfaction and above all value for money.
purplefai...
Island of Malta, Malta
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed December 5, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

I really enjoyed my stay. Beach right there to enjoy.
I liked the activity and sounds of the evening outside my unit.
Vince let me stay till my flight later in the day as nobody was booked in ( very kind ).

One thing I found odd was the caretaker upstairs who told me I had to get a key from her to use the laundry.

When I needed to do the first wash during my visit I had to get her to let me in. Wasn’t actually necessary. I only needed to know the key in the lift was to be turned for lift to go to basement.
It was a ploy!!!! She handed me a load of her washing and wanted me to put it in the washer with mine. I was stunned. I did it seperately for her !! With my detergent!!
After that I didn’t tell her when I was doing washing.

The only other thing I will comment on is, I was there for 18 days and the entry, landings and steps, all pale tiles, didn’t get mopped at all while I was there. They were sandy and dirty from the beach.

All in all a great stay. Recommend to all.

9 Dec 2017
Hi, Many thanks for your kind comments. We're sorry to hear about the person living in No 3. She lives there in the apartment block and she is not our caretaker. We will have a word with her for sure about this. Thanks once again for your review.
purplefai...
Island of Malta, Malta
“Pretty Bay”
Reviewed September 5, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

The unit is exactly how the photos portray it.. very clean and serviceable...
Bar / takeaway underneath, so a bit noisy, but to me it adds atmosphere. I'm not complaining...
Lots of places to buy supplies. For the big things for a family, the Lidl supermarket is only a few kms away by bus. Much cheaper than the smaller stores.

9 Oct 2017
Thank you very much.
Krysia054
Victoria, Canada
“Nice apartment in a quiet village on the sea”
Reviewed May 23, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

There is a lovely beach and some good restaurants - easy access to buses going to major attractions. If you are looking for something more than a sunny beach holiday and want to see the high points of Malta then this is not the place for you. But if quiet relaxation and some day excursions appeal then I would recommend. I think that a few staples on hand would have helped - like salt, pepper, coffee and information on how to use the tv, where the grocery stores were located and local recommendations. The apartment was comfortable and clean with wonderful views.

30 May 2017
Thank you for your comments. Will take your suggestions on board.
Martin P
Limerick, Ireland
“Pleasant Budget stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The listing on tripadvisor says that this is a 1 bedroom apartment, however it is a studio without any extra bedroom. this was OK, but I didn't realize this during the booking and would prefer an extra bedroom since we were travelling with a baby and it would be easier to have that extra room where the baby could sleep without being disturbed by us preparing dinner etc.. it is located very close to the airport only 15 mins drive by a car and also close to Valetta- 20 mins by public bus - bus stop is outside the apartment block which is very handy. the beach is literally outside the apartment block and you can see it from the apartment. these studios were created by converting the balconies into a one big room, so unless you're renting the top floor apartment, you will not have any balcony, which is a pity.

Birzebuga itself is dominated by the free port which is outside on the other side of the beach.

We stayed in Malta in December and there are couple of restaurants open where you can get a decent food or coffee, but for more you have to travel, but again, as mentioned Valetta is only 20mins by bus or less by a car.

SUMMARY:
Ideal location for people looking for quiet place with beach, small park with playground for kids dominated by the free port. The studio is spacious and ideally located, but would be nice to have the balcony. Owner is helpful and had no problems organizing transport to and from the airport.

This was a winter stay so may be completely different in the Summer!

6 Jan 2017
Many thanks for your feedback. Yes the apartment is a studio apartment and we have stated that this is an Open Plan apartment, as we tried to show in the pictures which are 100% faithful to the place. In summer this place is highly in demand especially for the Terrace. We thank you for your custom.
Bollnäs, Gävleborgs Län, Sweden
Reviewed November 8, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the standard of the apartement.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
11 Nov 2016
Thank you for your positive review. We welcome nice guests like you.
john m
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 30, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Nice position looking over the beach,plenty of restaurants nearby and bakery.
We had a pleasant stay and the owner Vincent was very helpful.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Oct 2016
Thank you, that's very kind of you. We do our best to serve our guests as much as we can.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing