“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Sliema
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Had a truly great stay in this hotel. Rooms are huge with a balcony, all equipped with full size fridge, microwave and toaster. Really great with the pool on top.
Located in walking distance to everything. I definately recommend to buy a 7 day pass for the bus which will take you all over the island.
Staff was very friendly, expecially Kurt, Stuart and Rita who really made our stay complete.
Huge thanks to you all.
I would definately choose this hotel again should I return to Malta.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Janne Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We booked this hotel last minute through Air Malta and were totally surprised when we arrived to find a huge apartment like suite with two rooms and a deck. Each room was larger than what you would expect from a standard size double hotel room. It seems the whole hotel had just been renovated and everything in the room was brand new and clean. Some of the negatives include: It is true that there are dishes for use but no sink to rinse them in (except the bathroom). We left any dishes out for house keeping to take away and they were replenished. Also our shower door was not properly put in place and so water poured on to the floor whenever we had a wash. By our final day they finally did the repair. One day house keeping took all of our towels and did not replace them. We had to take them off the cart after a few days. Overall we found these things to be very minor and did not affect our stay or vacation in any way. We are a couple and very easy going travelers and could not be bothered to be concerned with little details. We stayed at the hotel for 8 days and overall we found the suites very comfortable and the front desk staff were friendly with us. The hotel is one block up from the promenade, 2 minutes from the ferry to Valletta, and close to all amenities.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Adrienne M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

good located, spacious rooms, nice lounge (living room) beautifully decorated, colourful, high class for me, we booked it on a portal, really good place to stay, fair price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nick C
malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

This place is pretty standard although it advertises itself as providing luxury suites for its guests. In fact in certain aspects it is not even up to standard. One thing which springs to mind is the flat screen tv which is some 42" wide but which was disappointing in that one can only view some 6 channels, most of them in german, just one in english. Another is the fact that although we requested a double bed and were told that it was not going to be a problem (single beds could be zipped up to create doubles) we still found 2 single beds (with single bed linen)pushed together when we went up to the room. I was even denied extra towels just because I asked for them during the evening. Apparently towels are locked up for the night and no spare ones are available after housekeeping leaves the hotel.

On our last day there I was incredulous when,after having waited for about 30mins for the staff to stop fiddling with the pool, I was asked (at about 11am on a scorching August Maltese morning) not to to use the pool for about an hour as chlorine had just been put in it. Couldn't this have been done during the night?

On the other hand the room was clean and spacious. The location was excellent: in a quiet place in Sliema while only being a couple of minutes walk from the main shopping area.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maria m
Hemel Hempstead
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights after staying in a 5* hotel. Cost us 110 Euro B&B per night where the 5* in St Julians was only marginally more @ 126 Euro but I was there for work and chose to leave there and get away from "work".

The room was HUGE there is no doubt about that. Bedroom and sitting/diner area. It promised so much yet delivered SO little. So many contradictions. For every good thing there was at least one down side.

There is an outside area (patio on 1st floor/balconies on the others) but there is no seating. I made it clear in my booking that I was happy with a non-smoking room (prefer it) as long as there is a balcony/outside space. I asked at reception about this and was told they had no seating for the outside spaces. Just a simple little thing they can do to make guests comfortable I think.

Nice shiney bathroom but you would cut yourself shaving the lighting was so awful.

Television stunning, yet unless you wanted to watch the news (and only speak English) there was nothing else to watch.

Microwave, kettle, toaster but washing your plates in the bathroom sink and having no tea towel to dry them on or somewhere to put them was problematic so I didn't bother.

Lovely little cleaning lady but I think (to be perfectly serious) her eyesight (or perhaps the lack of lighting) makes it difficult to see where needs to be cleaned. There is building going on in the area but that means they should just clean more not just accept it is dirty. The dirt didn't get cleaned the whole time we were there.

Reception staff vary from ok to down right unhelpful. We noticed water on the floor one evening when we went out and informed them. 3+ hours later when we returned the water was still there. He informed me he would get someone to clean it up. I suggested that he might get someone to find out where it was coming from as it was coming from a cupboard and for all I knew it could be coming from the room above. It was only then he seemed more animated. The cleaner was sent with an armful of towels which he placed under the leaking immersion tank which he thought was sufficient. It was only when we suggested he place a bucket under it he did so. The 5 litre bucket was filled to overflowing in the morning if that gives you an idea of the speed/extent of the "drip".

We asked the receptionist if we could have a later checkout as our flight was slightly later and were told immediately "no". I asked if he really couldn't do it? He then said perhaps if the room wasn't booked he might do it for a surcharge. It was at this point, largely in response to his "attitude", I asked what I should charge for my goodwill regarding the dirty room? I showed him the picture... and walked off. You know when you get the feeling no matter what you say or do somebody is just so unhelpful you're on a minding to nothing?

Our first breakfast was admittedly later in the session. 10am, but they do serve until 1030. The fried egg had been sitting so long it had plasticised. Seriously, could have been used as a mini frisbie! The croissants were inedible and would have broken your teeth if you had tried to bite into them. The hash browns were flash fried, soggy and the inside was just raw potato tasted. This didn't improve much over the next few days no matter the time.

The pool is great. I liked it. But it is not particularly big and really more of a dip pool (max depth one metre) but in the July heat perfect to dip in and out of to cool down. Make sure you take beach towels with you. There is no pool towels supplied which I think should have been (especially in a 4*).

It IS brilliantly placed in the middle of everything and yet away from noise but that is it's only really positive point. I don't go away to "live" in a hotel room but (especially when I pay 110 Euros per day) I don't wish to feel the need to go out and just treat it as a place where I sleep because to do otherwise is uncomfortable.

Will I go back? No. With all the others in the area I will try somewhere else. I don't think it was good value for money. Such a shame because the accommodation promises so much... the customer care and general service (which could be easily remedied) wastes the whole thing completely.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank kissitbetta
Ancona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I went to Malta for the first time. I checked several sites, among them Tripadvisor. Some hotels i initially chose didn't have any availability. Finally I found one room in Rocca Nettuno. I could not believe. The hotel is quite new and clean and it is so cheap compared to many others in the same location, in the earth of Sliema. The breakfast is in line with the best four stars standards but what is really notable is the size of the suite. Around 70 sq m at the price of a single room. Very clean, comfortable (tv, fridge, microwave, sofas etc..) and with sea view. The hotel is not big and is located in an old building close to the Strand. The personnel are friendly and nice and, even if sometime you have to repeat your requests twice (you are in Malta!) at the end they do what you asked. There is not gym,spa or pool but i think there is no better place to stay in Malta unless you don't want to spend a lot.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank odysseous
Pontefract
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stopped at the Rocca Nettuno for a week and everything was okay. I too had read about them not honouring the complimentary breakfast when booking with Late Rooms but e mailed Late Rooms before I went and got confirmation in writing which I presented at reception when we checked in, so everything was okay as Late Rooms had contacted the owner of the hotel to confirm this. I think the confusion is with the booking from Late Room which shows £0 for each days breakfast. The guy at check in was courteous and we ate in the restaurant when we arrived at around 21.30 which was fine. Our room was large with a sitting room, bath room and bedroom. Towels were changed every day and the sheets were also changed during our stay. It was clean but some things needed dusting. There was bbc world on the tv but I don't go on holiday to watch tv, although we had fun watching the Eurovison heats with the Maltese voice over on Tuesday and Thursday. Breakfast was good and everything was replenished as and when. There was a choice of cooked items, cold meats and cheese and fruit etc. In the main the staff were polite, helpful and friendly and we had a view of the sea. I would return to this hotel as it is well located for the buses, trips and bars. Tony's Bar on the Strand is a nice place with good value snacks.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple