“A Surprsing Find - Excellent”

Istanbul Kebab House
Ranked #79 of 205 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Description: The best kebab food in malta
Description: The best kebab food in malta
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Turkish cuisine at extremely reasonable prices. I ate there three times during my four days in Malta. I arrived at my hotel somewhat late in the evening and wanted to find somewhere nearby. Down the street and around the corner I found Istanbul Kebab House. All their meat is halal (beef, chicken, lamb) so if that is important to you, you can eat here with no concerns. I had a beef pide the first night which is similar to a pizza. Nicely spiced but not "hot spicy". It came with a very fresh and simply dressed green salad. I also had a chicken kebab and a lamb shwarma-like sandwich. Those two dishes came with my choice of four different salads incuding tabbouleh, a refreshing parsley salad, cole slaw - I guess there were about eight different salads to choose from. The kebab with four salads and a bottle of water was less than 10 Euros and came out quickly, beautifully prepared and tasty. There is a stone oven in the kitchen where the pide are made so the crust comes out nice and crispy. The gentlemen cooking are very nice and are happy to explain the different items to you; you order them by the number next to the item's name and picture on the menus over the cooking area. The restaurant is located in a residential area in Sliema, but not near the waterfront. It might take a while to find but if you want a quick, delicious and very reasonably priced meal by all means make the effort to find this place. It isn't fancy but even the most demanding "foodie" will enjoy Istanbul Kebab House.

1  Thank Doug_K_0216

Reviewed May 11, 2018

Had a kebab and a pizza at this place very busy at night but worth the wait a must if your in the area and like a good kebab.

Reviewed February 14, 2018

Great food, oven stonePizza and Chicken and lovely chips. Friendly staff. Opened till early morning. A great find on our first night in Malta. Would visit again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I was really hungry, you know that feeling that you could bit someone's head off?
I walked in and was greeted with a smile. That morning everything was set out fresh. The gentleman gave me time to choose, he was helpful and kind. I ended up with the biggest plate of salad I have ever seen. For about six euros I had a mountain of food which satisfied me for a whole day. Peppers, pasta, coleslaw , potato salad, roasted onions etc were piled on the plate. Then I was served a pita bread as well.

I would thoroughly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Came here for some lunch, Great service and food was excellent, you select what you want and the cook it there and then for you, sat outside and was really noises due to construction but not the restaurants fault