Book In Advance

from US$46.10
from US$40.30
from US$34.60
2,637 results
All reviews grand harbour right hand side soft drinks harbour tour value for money the upper deck harbours commentary german valletta coastline ships
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

So excited to holiday in Malta and see all the lovely sites they have to offer...
We decided to book the Gozo, Comino and lagoon trip with Captain Morgan.
£35 each and drinks on the boat was included... sounds good we thought!
It was a rushed trip, no organisation, and a total waste of money and day!
Meant to set off at 10am, left at 11am, had to also stop on route to collect more passengers.
Arrived in Gozo and greeted by 3 or 4 coaches, no one was told what to do or where these coaches were taking us.
1st stop an expensive gift shop and 1euro for toilet. Then we were taken to the Church which no one was told how long we could stay for and that resulted in about 10 of us missing our coach to the final stop, so had to gate crash another coach standing up for the journey!
We then arrived at our final stop Victoria where there was shops and restaurants, this was at 1:40pm, the driver said back at 2hours or so we and others thought he said, so we decided to have a meal... then spotted the coach driving off, luckily we flagged it down and jumped on... That was our 30 minute trip to Gozo!
Back on the ferry to Comino/blue lagoon, if you want to see the Comino that’s at an extra cost which we didn’t do and glad as apparently it was rubbish. So ferry arrives at lagoon and we’re told to be back in 40 minutes... wow is that all, considering you have to walk quite a way and fight through 100’s of people this is a short time... so if we trek and what another waste of a trip as the lagoon was so busy you couldn’t even dip your toes in the Med!
Back to the ferry we go heading back to Sliema.
NEVER AGAIN

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank Rascal34
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I traveled on the Captain Morgan Cruise from Valletta to the Blue Lagoon. I think it is great as long as you have reasonable expectations for an affordable (not luxury) cruise. The boat was clean and comfortable with groups of chairs together. You could stand on the fore deck or at the stern. The lunch was cold cuts salad and pasta. Simple but fine. All staff were very nice and I tipped on departure.
The lagoon was pretty and you got a view of Gozo from the water. There are food and drink vendors and lots of people in the lagoon. It was obviously a tourist destination so it isn't a private tour of a secret place! Plus when I remarked on the number of people one of the island vendors (locker rental!) said it wasn't that busy. Unfortunately there was a fair amount of trash. Snorkeling was fine but not much to see. Appreciated there were lifeguards that I did not expect.
The excursion by powerboat is expensive for its length but it is pretty cool to see the caves in the rocks.
We are sailors so we had considered spending much more money for a sailboat tour. I am SO relieved we did not as the water would have been way too choppy to enjoy and it would have been too long on the water. This type of boat is the way to go.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank V5520WEamyh
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Myself and 6 friends booked the round Malta cruise for 35 euros I think it was. I read a few reviews on here AFTER it was booked and was regretting it! On the day of the trip we were to be picked up round the corner at 9am. We arrive at 0845 and it was nearer 0940 when we were picked up and the driver wasnt apologetic or anything was quite rude so straight away hackles up. Get to the boats and notice they are all seates and not much place to sunbathe or lounge out and our boat looked busy before we even got on, by this point im ready to say not going haha however meet the crew everyones quite pleasant as we board and up the stairs find a seat at the railings and that was us. The boat trip its self is lovely you get to see nice areas and Blue Lagoon is lovely however far far too busy!!

On the boat,I can see why they dont serve full pints or whatever for people get drunk its not that type of party boat! However you can go and up down so by moaning about cup sizes then slightly petty. I bought a baguette for 2 euros when we first set sail and shared it with a friend as was huge. The lunch started at the same time as getting off at Blue Lagoon which is a bit daft I didnt fancy it but friends who went did say it wasnt the best some pasta,salad and cold meats. There should be another stop with the round the isla d cruise as one stop at Blue Lagoon isnt enough was dying to get off the boat in the end as was shattered and everyone around us was the same starting to fall asleep. I wouldnt do the cruise again as its been done but would rather do it with a private boat to get a better experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Booked the harbour tour at the dockside in Sliema having travelled down by public bus from bugibba. This was a interesting perspective seeing valetta from the sea. Enjoyable trip with clear commentary good value. Lasts about 90 minutes. When 30+c take water and hat

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We did the full day blue lagoon trip which included drinks and lunch. The bar didn’t open for a while but I expected this from previous reviews, once it did we were able to get drinks easily. The lunch was fine, pasta and salad, bread and meats. We were stuck for around an hour waiting to dock at blue lagoon and we were told there was a problem with the engine or something so that was quite annoying. We enjoyed our time at blue lagoon although it was very busy- but again I had read about this so it wasn’t unexpected.

Date of experience: August 2018