1,561 results
All reviews cara's cafe rooftop bar self catering the bus fried bread st julians side sea view clean towels every day the penthouse indoor pool spinola bay both directions main road room was cleaned daily evening entertainment superior room beans
Reviewed May 28, 2017

The hotel location was very good, but really that's all it had going for it. Noisy music at breakfast. The nights were awful. For two nights we had groups of youths staying in the rooms above us, shouting and banging furniture. I complained on three occasions (at 11pm, 1.45am and 2.15 am) but no action taken to remove them. Soundproofing totally inadequate. I had booked transfers to and from the airport, but the return journey was "lost" in the system. Hotel management worse than useless in sorting out the matter. I had to pay an extra 20 euros for a taxi to the airport. Three cockroaches seen in one day! Reception staff poor. The key to the luggage room was freely available to anybody, with no supervision by staff. Would not use this property again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
2  Thank Sospan2383
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Sadly found ourselves booked into this hotel by a tour company for 5 memorable.nights. Expect to pay extra for; WiFi, use of your in room safe, weighing your luggage, a small sewing kit, basically anything that is usually available as standard anywhere else in the world.
A pushy rep is in the lobby hassling patrons to take boat trips.
Room was tired, no double beds. Lift system is chaotic. Stay away.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Great start to our holiday, didn’t expect our room to be ready but while selecting items from luggage to get on with our day, we were advised our room was ready.

Fabulous room. Wrap around balcony with patio doors both sides on 6th floor with spectacular views. Plenty of storage. TV/fridge/safe/tea & coffee/bath with shower, only wished there was a shelf or two to place items in bathroom rather than around taps such as toothbrushes etc. I was really pleased my husband had upgraded to a superior room, well worth the money. Best of all, a really comfortable bed. Needed to phone reception, couldn’t find number anywhere, so make a note it’s 898.

Dining room on same floor. Breakfast choice suited since I don’t vary my choice at home very much, appreciated various fruits such as oranges, apples, and kiwi. Evening meal. Soup, salad, pasta, carvery, three other choices, vegetables varied. Ice-cream, gateaux, fresh fruit varied from oranges, apples, melon. Considering the price couldn’t complain since you could have 5 courses, after a day out it was easier than going back out again. Friendly staff.

Roof top pool, didn’t use, only sun beds for short while after a day out. Glad I had my towel and sarong to cover sun bed pads, they all looked dirty and wondered if they were ever cleaned.

We asked about entertainment at reception, they said only at the weekend, plus there was a dinner dance on Saturday. We heard loud music on our last night, guessed something was going on, my husband checked on roof top and saw around 8 people listening to a singer, never saw notices about what was on or where.

All in all for a 3* it was good value for money. I’ve given this a score of 5 based on our room with a view plus good position for bus stops and walks.
2 minutes walk to paper shop/off licence as hotel charges for paper delivery.
Access to hotel (both sides) up 7 steps. If a couple, leave one person looking after cases while other checks which side of hotel your room is, as there is a reception in both sides.

Room tip: as high as you can, sea views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Good location close to bars and restaurants and access to the sea!
Room was pretty big. Great view over the sea which was beauts but sitting out on the balcony with all the traffic going by wasn't quite relaxing.
They had 2 separate beds with their own bedding pushed together so request otherwise on booking.
You have to pay for the safe and for the towels for the pool which I've never seen before! Fridge in room.

Large scuff mark on the floor.

They provide toiletries but not conditioner. It comes in a sachet.
Be careful in the bathroom - my other half slipped and avulsed his toenail! Had to carry out some first aid!
The breakfast was ok. Nice views but not really a good breakfast. For example their fruit is out of a can and all of the fruit juices taste the same.

We didn't have a bad stay it just wasn't up to our own personal standards.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel early but were allowed to leave our luggage in a secure room and go out for lunch.
Our room, huge studio was clean and well equipped with an amazing full front sea view! Wow!
The hotel is on the promenade which is constantly busy but it didn't bother me and the people watching was good, especially the fitness lifestyle of the local people!
The rooftop terrace and pool is a good area to relax and staff are very helpful and friendly!
Hotel excellent and the only thing missing in Malta is a few more sandy beaches!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple