3,879 results
All reviews church bells temptasian restaurant infinity pool tabloid restaurant comfort room town cafe top floor five star hotel lovely hotel sparkling wine sauna and steam room junior suite sea front st julians tea and coffee sister hotel short break
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic stay here with my other half for our 20th anniversary. Can't fault the helpful cheery staff. We had a room in the second floor.. But be warned, if your room is to the front of the hotel, it is opposite a church and the church bells sound every 15 mins... So try for a room to the rear of the hotel.

We stayed B&B and the buffet breakfast was huge and varied. 10/10.

We walked regularly to st Julian's, took about 45 mins give or take.

All in all a fantastic hotel, 5 minute walk from all main shops and the ferry to Valletta.

Drinks a bit expensive in comparison to local pubs, but still good value.

And you gotta eat in the Asian restaurant on the top floor... Delicious and stunning evening views of Valletta and the surrounding area.

You can book your day trips at the hotel and it is cheaper than going tru your travel agent rep!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank copperKildare
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at AX The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2016

Dear copperKildare,

Thank you for placing your positive comments about your stay at The Palace on Tripadvisor. We love to hear what our guests have to say about their experiences at The Palace.

And if you feel the church bells would be a bother, just ask for a change of room at Front Office our reception staff will be only too happy to oblige.

Kevin Callus,
Hotel Manager,

Reviewed August 8, 2016

Our stay at The Palace during late May 2016 met our expectations for room type (albeit the beds need to be firmer), facilities (loved the rooftop pool and table service), service and friendly staff. Our Deluxe Room was exceptionally ample for size with views as promised overlooking the harbour across to Valletta. We would open our double doors to allow cooling winds and listen to the church bells. WiFi was also a bonus which was fast and easy to access. We enjoyed a lovely dining experience in the Asian restaurant which had fabulous nighttime views - lucky enough to view fireworks display across the harbour. We enjoyed the outdoor dining and the big screen TV for sports - do yourself a favour and order the deep pan pizza YUM YUM. My husband always chats with the staff and they were friendly and generous from the waiters to reception to concierge to Prestige Cabs malta Private Tours. Located within easy walking distance to cosmopolitan shopping, restaurant areas and the ferries across to Valletta.

Room tip: Higher floors have lovely views across the harbour to Valetta
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maree G

Dear Maree G,

We thank you for kindly finding the time to write in your thoughts about your recent stay at The Palace.

You wrote quite extensively and all Management and staff at The Palace are extremely appreciative of this.

We all look ahead to welcome you back at The Palace in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Had 4 days at the Palace hotel for my friends wedding, first the good bits..

Nice lobby, nice enough pool area, hotel breakfast was ok...

Ok time for the review..
My wife and I got to the hotel around 11:30am (local time) knowing checking in was at 3pm we decided to get all the check in paperwork out of the way leave our bags and go for a walk. We was told check out was at 12pm and they would have a room ready ASAP, my wife and I arrived back at the hotel around 2pm to be told our room still was not ready being the nice guy I am I said not to worry it's too hot to go outside we will wait in the lobby. While in the lobby I counted at least 7 couples arrive, check in and be directed straight to their room at 14:45 I went back to reception to see if our room was ready, I was told in so many words that they have until 3pm so I would have to wait the staff at the front desk were very rude and blunt!! I went back to my seat to see another 3 couples check in!! At 3pm I went back to reception to be told my room was still not ready I ask why this was and explained that I checked in at 11:30am and was told I would have one of the first rooms to come available. After another 15 mins and after I had words with the reception staff my room was ready, my wife & I got to the room to find the cleaning staff still cleaning the room!!! The floors were wet!!! There were NO towels, not letting the check in spoil my holiday we decided not to complain. The following morning we were woken by the maid entering our room even though we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door!!
In a nut shell the hotel is ok NO WAY is it a 5 star hotel, the rooms are not cleaned that well the shower is broken (see photo) the front desk staff are RUDE!! I feel the palace hotel got its 5 star status by just ticking all the boxes it needed too and has not really given thought to what its guests really want & need..
I will leave you with the words of an old couple that was checking in as we were checking out...
THIS IS NOT A 5 star hotel and you & your staff should work at Burger King!!!
Another guest having check in problems...

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank steveaR2480ML
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at AX The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Dear steve a,

On behalf of The Management and Staff, I would like to thank you for sparing some time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am extremely disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations and would like to apologize on behalf of all the team at The Palace. It is only through your feedback and suggestions that we keep improving our product to ensure expectations are met.

It is good to note that the hotel's policy with regards to room allocation depends on the type of room booked and thus explains why certain rooms are available before others.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay and hope that our commitment to continuously improve will make you change your mind to re-visit our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

My 11 year old Son & I stayed at this hotel at the end of July 2016 for a week. Our first stay in Malta.
As it was peak season, I was concerned that space around the rooftop pools would be limited... I was completely wrong, there was always plenty of spaces available at any time of day/evening(the hotel also provide clean towels for the deck chairs in this area). Brilliant views around the area from the pool area also.
The staff were impeccable, service was brilliant.
The reception is very efficient, they also have knowledgeable staff too, whom are able to help with all, such as info about travel, advice on where best to visit, printing return flight boarding passes.
We stayed B&B, so that we had options for eating elsewhere, but still found ourselves eating in the hotels onsite restaurants; Talk of The Town & The TemptAsain and thoroughly enjoyed both.
We had one minor issue, but the hotel sorted this straight out, without hiccup, which is why this hotel is worth all off the 5 star rating I (& my Son) have given it.
Location is great, and in quiet area of Sliema, don't worry about the mention of the local church bells, they are not an issue & far from what anyone could class as loud/noisy, even when stood right in front of the church!
No need for anyone to complain about The Palace hotel. We will certainly go back, without thought.
Ferry to Valletta (1.5 Euro) is 5 minute walk away, as are bus stops for all locations around the island.
The hotel management are always making sure everything is well maintained.
All staff great, however special mentions go out to:
Aimee/Reception for great service.
Karl & Joe/Breakfast area, for their great service & getting 'hot chocolate' for my son, & making him feel special. (which of course he is :-) )
Get it booked... At time of our visit I found best deal on 'Travel Republic'. Some of the four star hotels in other areas of the island were as expensive as the Palace, but I don't think they would be anywhere as good as this gem.
Glad I didn't book a hotel on the bay/sea front, or in the over busy St Julians areas, as traffic is rather busy around those areas, plus you can get to sea swimming areas in less than 5 minutes from the Palace.
Thank you to The Palace & it's staff. We'll be back for sure. Can't believe why anyone would want to give any negatives on their reviews of this established.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Clarets F
Kevin_Callus, General Manager at AX The Palace, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Dear Paul G,

Aimee , Karl & Joe and management and staff here at The Palace would like to thank you for your complimentary review placed on Tripadvisor following your stay at The Palace.

We are so delighted to read that your experience at The Palace has been such a positive and pleasant one. Such comments surely entice our motivation to persevere in our quest in achieving the guest full satisfaction.

We do hope to see you back at The Palace again soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

Spent a week at The Palace at the endow July. Very relaxing. Extremely friendly and helpful staff in all areas of the hotel. Glad we were where we were and not in the middle of lots of hotels. Lovely room (235) although we had some issues with puddles on the bathroom floor from the shower screen. All in all a lovely stay and would love to return

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank lulurose73

Dear lulurose73,

We do hope to see you again in the not too distant future.