“A great Night Out”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Sliema, Malta
“A great Night Out”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Great food, good atmosphere and professional staff. Great value for money

Visited February 2012

Sliema, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh..... So-lala...”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We decided to go to this restaurant after having read some of the reviews posted by other people here. I must say that I was rather disappointed once we got there. The atmosphere/decor is, I guess, what one would call 'Maltese turn of the century rustic'. Nice & cosy.
Our entrance to the resto was brusque. We were ordered where to sit at one table & when we asked to sit at the table next to it, that was not in the direct path of the kitchen, we were snarled at. We sat down & received a wine menu & that's all. 20 min later, a rather terse blonde lady came over to recite the specials. Then she snapped "Are you ordering fish?" before she told us what the fish specials were ..... Finally then, the menu arrived. 20 min more. The Blonde lady was giving the gears to some other table, so a pleasant young lady continued with us fro the rest of our meal.....
So to the food.
We had a Rabbit main meal & one Bragioli (Like Rouladen or Involtini). The Rabbit was average & the Bragioli as well. I would not say it is the best place in Malta for either dish or good value for the money.
So change the management & spruce up the food & maybe It would do better.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank nata21
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

It took us ages to find this restaurant, it is tucked away down an alley. We went twice during our stay, first time I had the special of pork loin and cheese and my husband had the rabbit - both lovely.
The second time we shared a starter of stuffed aubergine and then my husband had fish (can't remember the name of it, began with a D but a bit like red snapper) and I had sea bass which was stuffed with a very similar stuffing to the aubergine - pity really, I just couldn't eat the stuffing at all - I was stuffed, if you pardon the pun!
A nice cosy place, always packed out, we reserved tables on both visits. The hostess was Irish and as we are Welsh she made me say LLanfairpwllgyngychgogerychwyndrobwillantisiliogogogooch! (not easy after several wines I can tell you!)

Visited March 2012
Tas-Sliema, null, Malta
“Very Expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I ate here with a large group of friends and the cost of the food was staggering. While a higher cost would be expected for a higher calibre of food, there was not a noticeable difference between this restaurant and the other "Maltese" restaurant around the corner toward the Point.

Visited September 2011
Malta, Europe
“Cosy setting and Great food!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This restaurant is tucked away in an alley in Sliema off Bisazza Street. It's a cosy restaurant and has good genuine food. Both of us had beef fillet. It was cooked perfectly, portion was good and the mushroom sauce to die for! We each then had a dessert - banoffee pie and cassata. Both were very good. Thanks to Gusto we found this gem of a restaurant and we will surely return!

• Visited March 2012