“Wonderful experience”
Review of Giulia - CLOSED

Giulia
Reviewed October 2, 2015

I was given a very good recommendation on this new restaurant by a retired accountant friend of mine in Malta. I naturally took a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor which were very good. There were a few people who were troubled by the lack of a menu but still gave a good review on the food. I have to say that this restaurant is on so many levels a special place. It specialises in seafood. There is no frozen here. It is all fresh catch. My girl had a mixed platter of merluzza, calamari, cozze and vongole which was amazing. She is from Basque country so she is particular when it comes to fresh and perfectly prepared seafood. I had spaghetti with gamberetti and a splash of lime. It was perfectly cooked, the taste was wonderful and the portion was perfect. We had a fantastic seafood starter with calamari, cozzi, polpo, clams and salad. it was fantastic and quite a large serving. We topped off with a nice Gavi and a delicious chocolate torte. As far as ambiance goes, I can tell you we ate in a beautiful piazza (Mattia Preti Square) on a perfect evening overlooking the Harbour between Sliema and Valletta. What was strange was that this restaurant wasn't busy. Perhaps it's because it is only 3 months old or perhaps it was because there were torrential rainfalls throughout the day. I don't know, but this is the best Italian restaurant I have eaten at in 5 years here. It won't be quiet for long. The food was delicate and perfectly prepared. The gentlemen working at the restaurant were eager to please but very laid back, cool guys. They all, including the chef (from Palermo) came out and spoke with us a few times. If you live here or are just visiting I highly recommend Giulia for a night out. You might see me here. I'm the tall guy with the short appearance. Totally enjoyable find!

1  Thank DarylG17

Reviewed October 1, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the best pasta I've ever tried! The owner is a great guy. Seefoods were really fresh. obligatory to visit in Valleta!

Reviewed September 19, 2015

the restaurant is very small, run by a few young man. There was no printed menu nor a wine list, but you have speak to the waiter (even if English might be a challenge for some of them). They offer the fish the fisherman caught in the morning, the wine they chose for you. Lovely atmosphere. A must in Malta for food connoisseurs.

Reviewed September 8, 2015

We LOVED this restaurant. It was the best seafood spaghetti and seafood salad we have ever had. The octopus on the salad was especially delicious! Nice atmosphre, calm and friendly place, and I think the chef treats the food like a masterpiece, with big care. Priced fairly, very nice staff.

2  Thank Haraszti J
Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

I had dinner here one evening mid week.

There is not a fixed menu; instead there is a daily specials board.

I chose swordfish. I was told it came with potatoes and salad. The cost on the board was €18.

The fish was fine and the dinner as a whole was ok.

On the bill, the fish was charged at €20 and there was an additional charge of €2 for both the potatoes and the salad. Granted, this is not a fortune but the pricing in the restaurant is very misleading.

The staff were friendly but service was quite slow. There was no beer when we ordered it.

Very disappointing all in all.

2  Thank Paul N