2,278 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies welcome cookie nice hotel city centre the bus swimming pool free shuttle an upgrade bus service public transport nice stay breakfast was excellent room was spacious business trip honors wifi
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I have slept here for 2 nights and it was far below my expectations. First the line for check-in was about 15-20 minutes long. Then we came in the room and there was some insects flying, see photo. It was a kind of fly but bigger, we asked the reception for a new room but there was nothing available, the housekeeping-guy removed the insects with the vacuum cleaner. The reception said that the insects come from the forrest, so do not open the windows.
Breakfast: there was a line for at least 15 minutes. The restaurant area for breakfast is way too small for the guests in the hotel.
Elevator: there are 3 elevators for 16 levels, so it takes long for the elevator to come.
When you book a hotel from the Hilton-brand you expect a better experience then what I have experienced. So if I will go to Luxembourg one more time I will definetily not go here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, Geschäftsführer at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mustafa1977,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again to redeem ourselves and change the negative impression you have of the hotel from this last stay.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2018

We stayed for one week at Double Tree Hilton from Luxembourg. When you say Hilton, you may expect the best. But it wasn't everything at its best.

Some bads, for instance: I am a smoker and always when I look for a hotel I ask if they have a balcony. Yes, they say. When I saw 3 wings with 19 floors of balconies I said That's it!.

But surprise! The doors were blocked and closed (-) and the windows were opening just 10 cm. with a blocking chain (-). I didn't know that the suicide rate in Luxembourg is so high!

And down stairs, in front of the entrance, there is only one bench for maximum 3 persons (see the pictures) and for the rest, out in the rain (-). And in Luxembourg it's raining a lot!

Something else: for so many rooms the restaurant is too small and mainly in the morning is crowded (-).

But there are also goods: large parking (+), (being far from the city you need a car), clean room and bathroom (+), pretty fast elevators (+), pleasant stuff (+), even if they are overloaded, nice and quiet surroundings (+).

In conclusion, if you are in transit by car it's ok. Also it's not far from the airport and, if you have business to do with the EU institutions, they are very close.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Daniel D,

Thank you for your feedback. We are keen on receiving these kind of reviews as they help us improving our services.

We will soon have an extension for our restaurant in order to be able to serve more guests at the same time without queuing up.

Feedback from our guests is really important to us, it give us the opportunity to improve continually the quality of our services and to congratulate our teams, so thank you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

So - perfectly good hotel. Helpful staff. Nice sized room. Clean. Was fine - if not anything special.
Restaurant is pretty good for a hotel restaurant. Really enjoyed it actually.
Breakfast was very good. Plentiful and large selection.
It's 10 minutes from Airport. 10-15 mins from town at the end of a residential area. Wooded. Not really near anything - so you have to take the bus (no thanks) or a cab into town. Cab ride will run you 30 euro even though a short trip. They do offer a free shuttle on the hour to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, Geschäftsführer at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Bostonmusicguy,

We sincerely thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg.
As you mentioned, our hotel is located in a quiet peaceful area and it is really quick and convenient to come from the airport.

We are sincerely pleased to receive your kind feedback regarding our restaurant, I will share it with the team.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back for another pleasant stay in Luxembourg.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

See picture it says it all. Outdated structure profiting of big lux demand. I think they sell same rooms in WE for 100 E.
That is the correct value indeed.
Looking for a major refurbish to compete again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 528alessandror
GM_Hilton-Luxembourg, Geschäftsführer at DoubleTree by Hilton Luxembourg, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Dear Alessandro R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feeling about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Luxembourg. Your comments are very important to the management and the team which allow us to take action in order to always improve our service.
We are deeply sorry that you were not satisfied of your stay. Concerning the renovation, all rooms are renovated since this year. Only the façade is not.

We hope to have you again in the future as guest,

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We visited Luxemburg for 3 days and stayed in the Hilton Double Tree for 2 nights.
It's not located in the City Centre, but the number 12 bus stops outside the hotel and brings you straight into the city centre within 5 minutes. Saturday the bus is free, so that was nice.

We are Hilton members and have stayed in Hiltons in different countries. This Hilton is premium prices with budget service. Not what you would expect.

Where shall I start.
Friday night we arrived late and though we would eat in the hotel. The menu was not great, but we decided to order 3 hamburgers and 2 quiches. The end bill was almost €200. This was really a lot for the quality of food we got.

There is not a very nice atmosphere in the restaurant / bar, very noisy and no background music and very bright light.

Saturday morning we went for breakfast around 930. First we had to wait about 15 minutes for an elevator. We were on the 17th floor, so too much to take the stairs.

Guests were getting very annoyed and pushing in the elevator, this was really quite an experience. In the end we had to go up, to go back down again. Not too sure what the problem was here. It did have 3 elevators.

At breakfast, you don't get coffee or tea at the table. In all the Hilton's I have stayed in, this is normal. They even give you orange juice.
The staff were very stressed, not giving you any attention or service.

There were 2 coffee machines and my husband had to stand in a queu for 30 minutes to get a coffee. This is really how you get guests annoyed. It wasn't very clear on the machine how to get a decaf coffee. So I asked 4 times and after the 5th time finally the waitress explained that I had to press a little symbol on the machine. Why nobody offered to help me the first time, I just don't understand.

The breakfast buffet area is very compressed and small and you can hardly get anything. The warm breakfast wasn't up to much. All around the dishes it was messy, empty bottles, it was not very appealing.

The room was nice, we had a suite and very spacious.
Strange though that you had to move the coffee machine to the other side of the room for the electricity plug.

The staff at reception were very nice, but the whole experience was very stressful.
Considering we paid near to 500 euros for 2 nights, I was happy to be home again.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 765kelly

Dear 765kelly,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.I’m sorry to read that your stay with us didn’t match entirely with your expectations.

I will personally share your remarks with the restaurant team, as our main concern is to provide a good personalised service to all our clients.

I’m happy to read that in the other hand, you appreciated the friendliness of the reception team.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to give you the service experience you would rightly expect.

With kind regards,