“An update on the Jasmine since 2007”

Jasmine Hotel Apartments
Ranked #45 of 56 Hotels in Limassol
Reviewed 16 October 2011

some posts suggest that the Jasmine has gone down hill, I will start with the staff, and check in,the night porter was very prompt and polite, in fact all staff were as good as gold.

Our apartment was clean, but there was room for improvement with the fridge and cooking rings that were getting past their sell by date.The bed linen and towels were changed on a regular basis, the only faults were fridge- cooking rings, but we ate out all the time so no problem.

No entertainment except for a chicken walking around the pool and rabbits playing.
The one thing I did notice this time when I stayed there when I ran out of bottled water was that there was no separate tap for drinking water.

While we only had a couple of niggles I find it hard to believe some of the comments about the Jasmine.since we only paid £300 for an apt in Sept for ten days. it was not to bad at all. Julie

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank barkinmad

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed here for 10 days between the 18th of Speptember and 28th September. We came because some friends of ours were getting married in an all inclusive down the road and didn't fancy staying there.

Firslty with start with the location! On a VERY busy dual carraigeway, near the main "strip" this "strip" is pretty gross, just full of topless bars, casinos (which we were told were run by the Cypriot mafia) and fur shops, among that you will find a fab bar called the woodman that is a sports bar and does yummy food! - I normally avoid English bars when on holiday (as we go to enough at home) but this is well worth a visit!

The beach is within walking distance but is a bit crappy - and it smells like cat waste!! - watch out for the straay cats ALL over cyprus too.

The Hotel its self was OK, if you can get passed the grubby sun longers, the broken plugs and the grubby rooms then you are fine, linen was changed after 5 days but the bins emptied and bed made everyday apart from Sunday.

However the food was VILE - in fact i would not give it to an animal! - we were practically forced by Thomas cook to go half board (complaint to them on its way) Breakfast was OK, a few cereal plus toast (only strawberry jam) plus hams and cheeses which were fine, the cooked eliment always looked very ropey, my other half would not try it as the scrambled egg was always grey, sausages burnt and the beans were just a vat of juice! - talking of juice the breakfast juice always tasted like washing up liqiud and the tea and coffe tasted the same! - the chef was nice but she did double up as a cleaner and also the step sweeper!!!
The evening meal was the problem, a choice of 2 starters soup (packet mix, wartery, salty) and normally something like egg salad, or halomi (left over from breakfast) the first night our main was "vegetable risotto" this was long grain rice with a few mushroom thrown in, all stuck together - not in a creamy risotto way, but a this has just been heated in the microwave and left there way! i could not eat it or my powdered asparagus soup! for the next 4 days we did not go near, mainly because there was not veggie option, but also because you know its going to be gross! We made an attempt the 5th night as it said jacket potato and omlette, i had just the jacket potato as i fo not like omelette, good job as the omelette had ham in it! Dessert was jelly, also not vegetarian. Its not just the lack of veggie, choice (my partner is not and he could not eat anything either) They have a chalkboard in reception detailling what there is everynight and it was unacceptable - packet soups, things with chips, and things you know that are very dangerous if not cooked properly!

Overall it was OK, if you want b and b and didn't pay much it would be acceptable, but do not eat!!!
or if you can choose the location, go to Pafos - fab place loads to do and see we hired and car and were gutted we didn't stay there!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have been to Limassol ,Cyprus ever since I was a baby (32 years) and I have got to say this apartments have been the worst, I last stayed in them in 2009 and they weren' t too bad but they have gone down hill drastically with having to be charged a stupid amount for my children to use WI-FI , the rooms were dirty and not cleaned properly , I am sure the same cloth cleaned the toilet and the cleaned the kitchen sink to the sheets and towels being changed ONLY every 4 to 5 days even a Premier Inn you get clean towels everyday. The pool was nice except the locals liked to take over and the owners let them do it , the drinks and food cost way too much. SO IF YOU STAY HERE DO NOT EXPECT ALOT ITS THE BOTTOM OF BUDGET.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rebecca h
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at the Jasmine Hotel the first week in July. We arrived late at night and were greeted by the night security guard who checked us in. We were then told that the room we had booked (a 1 bed apartment) was not available and we had to go into a Studio until the problem could be sorted out with the manager the next day. So therfore first impressions were not good.
When i spoke to the manager the next day she told me the correct room type wasn't available until Monday (we arrived Friday night!). When Monday came she did speak to us about moving rooms, however by this point i had decided i didn't want to uproot ourselves half way through our holiday so we decided to stick with the room we had. Who wants to move rooms half way through their week away?

The room itself - fairly large. The kitchen blind was filthy and didn't work. The beds were hard and uncomfortable. The TV didn't work and the air con was something from the 1970's and took about 4 hours to cool the room down. The staff were pleasant though.

One day we returned to find our towels had been taken by the maid (obviously to wash them) however she didn't replace them. When I went down to reception (at 6pm) i was told the laundry delivery was due to arrive at mid-night. I was full of sand as we had been to the beach and wanted a shower, so i told them they best do what ever it was they needed to do to get me 2 clean towels. Half an hour later 2 towels arrived. However i dread to think how long we would have gone without them if i had not been so forceful.

While we were there we noticed multiple people having the same problem with being given the wrong type of rooms. So this problem was clearly not only related to us. It's obvious this hotel doesn't know how to assign the correct type of rooms to the correct people, either that or they are simply over selling the 1 bed apartments and putting people in the lower priced Studios hoping they wont complain.

In summary communal areas of hotel were ok, pool was nice although none residents are allowed in from off the street, which is a bit annoying when 5 kids suddenly appear dive bombing into the pool (hardly relaxing).

If you can stretch your budget to afford something better, i would!

There aren't very many bars in Limassol, so if your looking for some nightlife stay in Paphos instead.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I read a lot of reviews about this hotel and was a bit sceptical, but I had no need to worry.
Myself and the wife & two sons had a great time, the stories about ants in the rooms well I could not find one, the only ants I saw where in the garden.
When we arrived we had the option of two rooms, one road side or one overlooking the pool so we took the pool side. Rooms where very clean and bed linen changed everyday ( but you must leave the card hanging on the door saying you want the maid to clean room )
There where two pool tables and a table tennis table around the pool area which my boys enjoyed very much.
Another thing nearly all hotels in cyprus charge for air conditioning but here they didn't. The air con was brilliant, other hotels I have stayed at they have been useless.
Wifi is NOT free in hotel reception but is free at the pool bar.
The only niggle I have is sometimes the locals pay to use the pool and can be a little bit noisy.
There are over 65 sunbeds and I stayed 10days and had no problem at all getting a sunbed. I am now looking to book again for next year.
I have enclosed one photo of the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank carluk1964
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We travel to cyprus yearly, this was our second time at Jasmine. Its a medium size complex and well looked after. The first time was last year in august last in the middle of summer. the hotel was ok then, very hot, and we enjoyed ourselves so decided to book again this year in june on half board basis. The weather was a little milder, the hotel was a lot better than last year, seems like theres been a lot of staff changes and redecorating. Our room was very clean and bright, pool was very clean and theres a nice pool side bar and restaurant with free kids play equipment and table tennis, good food and well priced considering. Breakfast and dinner meals were alacarte, you get a few choices and at least was fresh and plentiful. Had to take our laptop to check on a few emails, all pool and lobby areas were free with good signal but paid a small fee to connect in our room which was fair enough. Dont hesitate to book at Jasmine this place has majorly
improved we havent stayed at any better in Cyprus for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011
8  Thank Greenyjany
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Jasmine during the first two weeks of May 2011 on a Mercury Direct holiday. Our apartment was good, a large sitting room with dining area, a large double bedroom and large bathroom. The only trouble with it was that it overlooked the road, which is a major link between the motorway to Larnaca and the coast road. Consequently it is noisy, very noisy during the day and until quite late at night. This is made worse by the young motorcyclists who delight in revving their bikes to the screaming limit before roaring away like a banshee out of hell. If you are a light sleeper, don't expect to get a decent night's rest. To be fair, things quieten down from around 0100 to about 0630, so if you can manage on 5 hours a night you might be OK.
We asked to have a room change but were told this would not be possible until the following Sunday. I and our rep spoke to the manager several times about this until he told me to see him on Sunday morning. When Sunday came, he was nowhere to be found. The owner of the hotel who was often present at reception said she knew nothing about our request, and anyway we could not be moved as they had run out of linen.
If you want to change your room, make sure you seak loud and often to reception AND to the lady who owns the place.
We were looked after well by the lady who serviced our room. She kept it clean and was very upset when a scheduled linen change could not happen as we were not down on her list. We had to complain to get clean linem the next day. Sheets etc. should be change every 5 days. Ours wern't. And rooms are serviced only 5 days a week. There was no information in the apartment to tell us this; we only found out whenwe queried why our beds had not been made up.
We were on half-board. Maybe not a good idea, as the food is rather plain. basic and with very limited choice. The best meal is probably breakfast, when there was always scrambled egg, baked beans, and bacon or sausages, sometimes bacon and sausages. Also a continental style choice of a tyupe of ham and cheese. Evening meals were not very good, usually a choice of two starters i.e soup and something else often greek in style, two main couses and a set sweet. The soup was often watery; the main courses bland; the sweet poor, e.g. cold rice pudding or a plain raspberry jelly, not even a dob of cream.
The pool itself is OK, but the area surrounding it is dirty. While we were there it wasn't hosed down or swept at all. Consequently it is dotted with bird droppings. The shower area is also dirty and the footbath that should be used before entering the pool not operational. The number of sun beds was adequate, even though we were told that the hotel was full.
The Mercury brochure says this is a hotel with a good reputation. Not in my opinion. It feels as if it is being run on a shoestring.
We won't go there again.
PS There is an excellent supermarket 200 yards up the road. It has a wonderful bakery that is open 7 days a week. Worth going to for the super cakes, pies and other goodies. Main part of the supermarket not open on Sunday and closes early on Saturday.
PPS The car hire deal available through the Mercury Rep ( her name is Despo ) seemed to be the best available by far. No excess and no swindle on petrol; you pay for what you use.

Room Tip: Get a poolside apartment.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple