Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
marieorthodoxou
Xylofagou, Cyprus

Budget hotel

Review of Sylva Hotel
2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 20, 2018
We had a wedding to attend to, at the nearby luxurious Crown Plaza hotel, but not being able to afford to stay there the night, we chose this budget hotel a five minute walk away instead. It's more of a hostel really although you do get to have your own one bedroom appartment with sitting area, bedroom with balcony and bathroom on the plus side. The lobby is old fashioned and a bit shabby but offers free Wifi .The hotel is mainly run by Russian staff from what my husband and I gathered. We paid 55 euros on Bed and Breakfast basis. There is a swimming pool, a bar area and a restaurant as well as a small outdoor sitting area. Our room was 501 on the fifth floor. It was quiet and spacy with TV and kettle for tea making if you wished although none was used. The a/c unit wouldn't work, the balcony doors wouldn't close tight, and the double bed was really small for my tall husband ,with the top sheet being so small we couldn't cover ourselves at night. As for the dim lighting, not convenient if you want to read a book or put make up on at the dressing table to get ready to go out for example. But good lighting in the bathroom. The hotel also has a free parking area. Breakfast is continental but while you're having your coffee and toast you are served a plate with cheese, ham omelette and salad which was a good surprise. I would definitely recommend the place for young people on a tight budget who are used to staying at hostels around the world. Compared to them this might have much more to offer. I only chose it for the reasons I stated.
Date of stay: June 2018
Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got 501 on the fifth floor overlooking the pool
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    C$272
  • Priceline
2.9 km from Sylva Hotel
Pool
Another view from our room balcony. A perfect  compensation for swimming after the very good cheap breakfast
  • Priceline
Alinea Urban Facade
  • Expedia.com
    C$280
View more hotels in Limassol City
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Appearance of the reception doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that you have come to a good place. Then while checking in we were told that we had the Chinese style room but the receptionist didn't think that would suit us, so I suggested I take a look and let them know. That wasn't possible as it was the only room left (so they said) Don't understand why she put us off the room when there was nothing they could do about it.
the room was dirty, The mattress on some pallets was very uncomfortable and the Chinese blinds for the windows didn't fit

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcalvin82
Reviewed July 10, 2017

If you want to ruin your vacation and have your family cursing you, you definitely have to stay in Silva Hotel Limassol. Its only plus is location, the rest is terrible. Dirty rooms, old furniture, insects in the bathroom and unfriendly old woman on reception desk is what you will get for your money. Actually, it is not very cheap, so better avoid and find some other place around for this money

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank Olga G
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

So after reading all the reviews I still booked this place... why? It matched my pre-payday budget for a last minute long weekend getaway from my base in istanbul...and meant me extra euros for spending. And to be honest when backpacking I've stayed in worse places.

The mismatching old furniture and curtains... the dark unlit corridors (unsettling at night... even for me) and dark reception.. the pikachu duvet. The insects on the very poor breakfast and unbelievably squeaky bed... warm shower... dimly lit bathroom...the list goes on. The staff probably have no direction or idea of quality standards in 2017... on minimal wage or work for accommodation it seems. Staff were nice... but probably powerless to change anything.

I used it as a place to rest my head only. It did the cheapest job in limassol for that (apart from hostel dorm rooms) so 2 stars.

And even up close the pool wasn't clean... and whatever you do... if you stay here... don't go to breakfast. Just treat yourself to breakfast out. The dirty one eyed dog in the restaurant will miss you though.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Wayne A
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

Spontaneously we have decided to join the carnival in Limassol. It was only few hotels left in Limassol, but we wanted to stay overnight to avoid the traffic on Sunday morning.

I have red few helpful comments on the TripAdvisor about Sylva hotel. It didn't look very promising.

The lady at reception was unfriendly. When I suggested to pass the message to the owner redecorate the place, she answered in the very bad way. She was surprised, how I could possibly think, as soon as I have entered the reception area, that it needs to be redecorated.

The building itself is very old. It hasn't been fixed for ages. The furniture is very old and scruffy, paint is coming off the walls, laminated flooring, which has been placed directly on old carpets is coming off. The room looked clean at first sight, but was unbelievable dirty. Under the beds nobody ever cleaned for last few months at least.

The TV was not working, we had informed the reception and the guy came quite fast and has changed the TV power supply and the socket.

The swimming pool is empty and full of dirt. The paint in the dining area is coming off the ceiling. There were few ants running around the cups on the tables. The breakfast was very poor.

There are couple of good things about the hotel. It's very close to the beach and we even had a sea view. Good location. The rest is bad. Do not recommend at all.

I got few photos to prove.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank M128OUmarinas
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This is quite possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is very dated and in need of extreme modernisation. The hotel appears to offer rooms both long term and short term.
On entering the hotel I knew straight away how terrible it was, I was made to wait about 25 minutes before someone came to the front desk to check me in.
Once in the room it can only be described as basic and dirty. The doors leading to the balcony area wouldn't even close and the shower was old, dirty and was difficult to use as there was no shower curtain to stop the water going everywhere.
I could spend all day stating how bad the room was and luckily I had to leave everyday before breakfast had started but I can only imagine what hell that would have been.
All I can say is that this was genuinely the last hotel left in Limassol for the time that I was visiting and I would honestly say that if it is the last hotel next time I visit then I would rather sleep on the beach with the cats.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: September 2016