3,189 results
All reviewssunbed allocationsun bed allocationsea viewroxanne restaurantallocated sunbedsjersey boyshalf boardserenity poolbrilliant ideathe guest relations managerturn down serviceentertainment teampool attendantspecial mentionnothing is too much troublewedding venuepool bar
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We've stayed here about 12 times now, and can't fault it. The location is really good, staff are all friendly and helpful, amenities are great and the sunbed allocation system is wonderful. Food in restaurant is great, and they cater for those of us with food allergies and intolerances.

Room Tip: Best rooms are at the back overlooking the pool and sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gianettamorley
Charis S, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear gianettamorley

We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday spent with us. We endeavour to create the best possible holiday experience for our valued guests, and to learn of your satisfaction is truly wonderful.

Thank you for describing the location as 'really good', the amenities as 'great' and the sunbed allocation system as 'wonderful'.

We will pass your comments on the ‘great’ food to the Chefs, who I am sure will be delighted. Indeed, all our staff will be very happy to know that you have described them as ‘friendly and helpful’.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband and I have just returned from another exceptional stay at the Alexander the Great hotel in Paphos. We have been coming to this hotel since 2014 and it is our only choice hotel when we travel to Cyprus.

Nothing is too much trouble for all the truly outstanding staff. I have never seen an unhappy employee at this hotel and they all take a real genuine pride in the work they do.

Our recent trip was to celebrate my birthday and from my inital contact with the ever helpful Leoni prior to our arrival I knew we would be in for another wonderful visit.

It was such a delight to see familiar faces in Paula, Maria and Aphrodite and others whose names have escaped me when we went to dinner on our 1st night and as always it was a delight to see the lovely Nikos again and the other pool attendants who allocate your sun beds in fact ALL the staff are a true asset to the Alexander under the great leadership of the manager Charis who is another genuine individual who always took time to stop and have a chat with you.

Special mention also to Flawia who is the guest relations manager who very kindly arranged for a birthday card and cake to be delivered on my birthday and Xenia in the cafe royal who upon arrival for breakfast on my birthday arranged for 2 glasses of fizz to be delivered courtesy of the hotel management which was again a wonderful gesture.

I cannot recommend the Alexander the Great hotel highly enough. From arrival to departure everything is first class from the service at check in to the warm friendly welcome at dinner and other meal times this hotel is a real treasure located a literal stones throw (or 10 minute gentle stroll) from Paphos harbour. We cannot wait for our next visit which we hope will be very soon.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Andrea W

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

It is pleasing to learn that you have enjoyed your stay, and especially that you have commended our staff so highly in describing them as 'outstanding’. Leoni, Paula, Maria, Aphrodite, Nikos, Xenia and Flawia will be delighted to hear hat they have been mentioned.

We also appreciate your kind comments on the location and our service.

From all our staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future for another visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay of 6 nights, staff were amazing. We took half bord and enjoyed the food very much especially dinner.
The managing team took their time to help with any issue that we had, and provided solutions.
Many dinning options (not too many), only problem that the Italian restaurant does not allow kids:-(
Great location as well.
We will be back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank shnigit

Dear shnigit

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations and that you chose to come to the hotel.

It is very pleasing to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and felt the need to share this experience with us and other reviewers. We greatly appreciate that you have rated the location, the food and our staff highly.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Why do we keep going back to the Alexander the Great? Over the past 50+years we have never found anywhere that suits us more. From the moment we walk in through the front door it is like coming home with a 2nd family to greet us. We are not going to bore you with all the pluses, so many others detail these regularly on this site.
To us the most important factor is the warmth and friendliness of ALL staff, they are so professional and helpful. We believe this is created from the top management level and has created a very happy place to work and visit, everything is consistent.
We cannot mention individuals for special thanks the list would be so long and we would not want to miss anyone off the list.
The best form of appreciation we can show is that we have already booked more visits

Room Tip: Choose Seaview
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank petejen66

Dear petejen66

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

It is very pleasing to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and especially that you have commended our staff so highly in describing every member as 'warm, professional, friendly and helpful’.

All of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel look forward to seeing you again on your next visit soon. In the meantime we wish you every happiness.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Amazing location, wonderful staff and whole property so clean. Breakfast buffet very comprehensive, although very busy at peak times. A couple of negatives which prevent me giving 5*. The weather was quite hot, but the AC appeared to be centrally turned off, which meant I had to leave the window open at night to cool the room down, meaning the noise from outside entered my room. Also, too many visits from housekeeping, and my room didn't have the card to put on my door to state privacy required. These two things slightly disrupted my stay as I really wanted peace and quiet. Nonetheless, if I were to return to Paphos I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Sea view with Balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Krishan S

Dear Krishan S

Thank you for describing our hotel as ‘excellent’ and specifically the location as ‘amazing’. Also that you find our hotel to be 'so clean'.

We will pass your comments on the ‘very comprehensive' breakfast to the Chefs, who I am sure will be delighted. Indeed, all our staff will be very happy to know that you have described them as ‘wonderful’.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards. We are saddened to read that the service provided by our team in certain areas did not meet with your expectations of our hotel. We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback.