All reviews air con bar street dish cloth building work per day perfect hosts superior studio great apartments self catering kings mall bars and restaurants clean apartments cleaned every day short walk to the harbour washing up liquid first floor cleaned daily
Reviewed August 10, 2018

We stayed here in June 2018 for 10 nights & we booked a superior studio with balcony. Our room I believe was number 7 or 8 on the first floor above and left from the main reception. From the front door you overlooked the Pool and from the balcony you overlooked the small courtyard, a hill with a road behind. After reading some reviews in advance we had requested in advance for a quiet 1st floor apartment with a sunny balcony & got exactly what we asked for which was great. The apartment was kept clean & tidy. The room was cleaned 8 out of 10 of the days, the towels were change every 2 or 3 days but did find if left on the floor they did replace the towels also. The sheets were changed regularly, not sure exactly how often but it did feel it was enough. They supplied small soaps, a dish cloth, washing up liquid and a tea towel, also a bottle of water in the fridge, which is good compared to some self catering places. We hired the air con after two nights without & found it very efficient, not noisy at all. The pool was smaller than what it looks like on the internet, ok for cooling down & there is a shower there too. The area round the pool is small & was too intermit for our liking. The sunbeds are packed closely to fit them in & they are also right outside the peoples terrace area who have ground floor pool view rooms... so apart from the first day we hired sunbeds about a 10 minute walk from the Crystallo's at ALYKES where the sunbeds looked nice and clean. The are also nicely situated near the better part of the beach area to have a swim as it had breakwaters to shelter from the waves. The rooms were very comfortable and convenient. I will say the son of the owner is very loud when in the reception area where there is a small bar & seems to shout when he speaks & we could hear him even in our room at times. We did not spend much time in our room as was out most of the day and ate out 8 of the 10 nights so avoided it. There are 5 or 6 stray cats at the back of the apartments in the small courtyard which I noticed the cleaners kindly feed & water. We like cats & were pleased to see this kindness by them and we also fed them but only in the cleaners courtyard entrance where they did. The cats seem to stay round this area so a good way to keep them there. I will say that I do not think it is suitable for children, the outside area is just not big enough for them to run round etc.

Room tip: Ask for room facing the small courtyard & hills, seem quieter and more private
2  Thank judeandstuart
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We were given room on the last floor, number 112. Despite this fact we found many ants and insects in the room which came inside through the holes in the wall near the entrance to balcony and through the holes near the air-conditioning. Although the staff is aware of the problem since I guess many months they have done nothing to solve it. Putting spray in the room doesn't solve the problem. We wanted to change the room and were promised to receive information if it's possible from the guy with short, black hair but he didn't come back to us and tried to avoid us. The stuff is very rude, when we complained about the room, the guy with black hair got angry at us (!!??) and of coourse he didn't say a word like "sorry for the problem". We had to clean all our lugage and my partner was biten by the ants. If we wanted to sleep with ants we would rent a tent and not apartment! It's a misunderstanding to pay 30€ per night per person and sleep like in the forest. What's more they guy with short, black hair was very loud at night, shouting something during football match and after it was finished. We also found it difficult to find him at the reception desk, he was not in the apartment for almost half an hour and no other staff available. Check-in was also not very nice to us, the guy was surprised that someone had a reservation and he charged us double for internet in the room (instead of 1€ per device per day guy charged us 2€ per devide per day so he just cheated us). After all, they copied our passports which they are not allowed to do according to EU legislation. I don't recommend this Apartment, there are much more better places in Paphos!

5  Thank Tomasz F
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Well, after arriving to be told by the owners son that there was no booking for me and I'd have to pay again unless I wanted to spend the night with him at his house, I politely refused and paid the 40 euros until the booking was sorted, which it was, with no problems by another member of staff. Two days later when walking through the hotel lobby to get to get to the pool area, he approached me again and acted ever so creepy, said that if I was still awake when he started work again later in the evening then I should join him for drinks but to make sure I was wearing the same costume for him.

George (owner) was wonderful and couldn't do enough to help you, apartments were suitable but building work was taking place so was slightly noisy if staying in rooms opposite the reception. Only quarm was, stray cats trying to get in my first floor room. Pool area was okay apart from me cutting my foot open on broken glass that hadn't been cleared up.

Take Stathos (owners son) out of the equation and the customer service would have been second to none!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank missehorrocks
Reviewed July 30, 2018

First time in Cyprus and definitely not the last. George and Sasis were just great!hotel location is just out of the bar street and not far from anywhere!mall just up to the road and same as light house beach! Rooms not 5 stars but for the price are more than great!we will be back thank you for great holiday guys!

Room tip: Over looking the pool rooms more quiet!
Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank georgebig23
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here rooms a bit old fashioned but lovely & spacious had everything you needed, nice big fridge. Was set back away from bars, staff freindly & helpful the main star STAVROS. Enjoy stay was 7 of us all friends.

Trip type: Travelled with friends