“where experience and youth get together equals perfect mix”
Review of 1940

1940
Price range: US$9 - US$51
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Decorado con fotografias de los anos 30 i 40 de Andorra i con vistas a la Avenida Princep Benlloch. Ofrecemos servicio de Menu, Menu express, Tapas, Menu infantil, Platos combinados i Servicio a la carta. Tambien organizamos comidas para empresas i diferentes tipos de celebraciones. El restaurante dispone de aier acondicionado i de dos televisores grandes, para ver el futbol o otros eventos televisivos durante la comida o cena, para reproducir fotos desde una memoria USB o para utilitzar como pantalla de su computadora y realizar presentaciones. Abierto a mediodia de 13:00 a 15:00 y por la noche de 20:30 a 22:30, algunos dias abrimos a las 20:00 para dar servicio al publico del Teatre Comunal y el Centro de Congressos de Andorra la Vella. Parking gratis a disposicion de los clientes (pase por la recepcion del Hotel Pyrenees para consguir la llave del aparcamiento).
Reviewed June 28, 2016

This is the restaurant of the hotel where I am staying and usually I don't eat in the same restaurant where I have breakfast, however let me tell you I have been trying several restaurants and none I can recommend besides 1940 at my same 3 star hotel Pyrenees, amazing food and service from Juan Carlos the experience guy and Ignacio the young guy that is always in a good mood always willing to give you the extra mile if you know what I mean. So don't waste your time, come to restaurant 1940 at Principe bullock 20 bis just at the down floor of Hotel Pyreness yes a 3 stab hotel with an excellent restaurant and if you ask me what I have was the menu at 14 euros, plus beverages, is something you can't beat and I had Andorran cold meat sample platter and duck magnet and as a dessert cheese sample platter, all fantastic! Well done for 1940 restaurtant and for the duo dinamico which I can call now Juan Carlos and Ignacio.

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

At the doors they claim to have live soorts on tv but they don't have. The free wifi din't work on my phone...
If you're vegetarian, don't go there. They hardly offer a meal without meat. The service was very friendly after I asked to have a starter as main dish. But unfortunately the main dish came in the size of a starter for the same prize of the menu. :-(

Reviewed January 20, 2016

The restaurant belongs to Hotel Pyrenees where I stayed. It made it so much easier after a day of shopping/skiing. Food is good and the service is wonderful.

Reviewed July 18, 2015

They have a set menu with 4-5 choices in each course, plus an a la carte one. we tried the first set menu it was less than average quality and quantity wise, like two lines written over a boiled egg and some boiled potatoes with a bit of a shaggy and tasteless sauce? Should they increase the price by a Euro and serve something a bit more decent can make a difference.
The service was on the contrary so good that it kind of attenuated the tasteless food experience.....

Reviewed July 13, 2015

We came here as we where staying at the hotel this restauntant has plenty of space that is rare in Andorra de Vella. We had the menu of the day and the quality of the food was fantastic.