See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Solana Mon-Fri with son for 4 day skiing trip having been to Arinsal on two previous occasions staying at Hotel Montane and Ski Plaza in neighbouring resort. Check in/out service both functional, twin rooms small with limited storage space, soft beds, shower temperature never consistent and sleep rare and disturbed due to large groups of rowdy, undisciplined school children running around hotel.
We stayed HB and everyday without fail both buffet hot breakfast and dinner food were served cold. We had to be there when the doors opened to beat the rowdy school parties. The main benefit of this hotel is its proximity to the gondola. The staff in the restaurant were friendly other staff merely carried out their duties. Perhaps the hotel management need to prioritise whether they wish to cater for school parties or other guests and tailor make their services accordingly. I do not believe the prices charged reflect the service offered.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2016

I was quite disappointed with the hotel at first but as we went with a school trip it turned out to be ok. most of the children's rooms were spacious, had views and they were clean, as for our twin room for staff...it was rather dark, small and pokey AND at the back! On a good note the staff were friendly the food was very good and the children were happy with playing pool and swimming.the hotel was near to the gondolas taking us up to ski and surrounded by little shops, supermarket bars and restaurants. I would go back with a group as it's not too expensive...cheap and cheerful!!

Room Tip: ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank 809helen
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

30 of us arrived on an organized ski trip for 7 days. To say that this is a hotel is a complete exaggeration. The lobby smelt of sewage continually for the week. I was given a double with a bathroom that smelt like the toilets in my local. I actually went to the shop an bought bleach and a scented candle. It wasn't just the smell, the bathroom was dirty, the shower was not clean and the drain was blocked. My view looked out on the back of the hotel which seemed to be a dumping ground for clothes and bottles. The food was disgusting,over cooked meet and no one had any idea what type or meat or fish it was! Breakfast pastries were soggy, juice was so sweet I think I need a filling now! While we were there there were 40 children from 11 - 15 years of age. They took over the lobby and bar at night as that's where the wifi was! The were load and ignorant. The used to knock on our doors at 12am and run away with no teachers to keep them under control. Staff were ignorant also. This place is seriously a lower end hostel! It really actually made the holiday quite unenjoyable at times.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a joke and disgrace. A group of 31 of us stayed here and we were put on the same floor with one room full of teenage Spanish boys. They were knocking on doors at 2am in the morning and screaming and shouting resulted in us complaining to staff but seemed to be water off a ducks back. Eventually had to speak to the teachers of the students. Friday was the only peaceful night in the hotel as they brats had gone. the rooms were OK, dull and outdated. Bunk beds in a quad room. There was an out break of the vomiting bug in the hotel and it wasn't until Thursday staff offered sanitiser!! The view from the rooms isn't as on the website. We overlooked the back of the hotel Which was a dumping group for bottles and food and old Clothing. The dinner was questionable as to what it was and its date of expiry. The only thing I ate in that restaurant for the week was the bread. We had dinner included in our package and we ate in the hotel once. Someone sneezed in the elevator During the week and it was on the mirror still by Sunday. The fact there was an outbreak of sickness in the hotel shows how much cleaning went on during the week. - none. The only time I saw cleaners was one morning there were two cleaners cleaning the stairs. Turns out someone vomited on the stairs and they were cleaning it up. The swimming pool Out of order be judging by the rest of the hotel, that's one trip I'm glad I didn't make. I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel at all. Fork out the extra money and stay somewhere nicer, cleaner and comfortable.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2016

Hotel was extremely basic, decor outdated. But all that said it does exactly what is needed for a cheap skiing holiday, beds were comfy, shower was amazing and there was plenty of food to stock up on during the morning. Some of it was hit and miss but you learned quickly what you would like.
150m walk to the gondola and any of the pubs/restaurants/supermarkets you would want.
Wifi is only available in the common areas and not the rooms but again that suited us as switching off from the world was good.
The only negative I have is that the receptionist was somewhat rude upon our arrival.

Overall it's a very basic hotel but you couldn't need much more when you spent the majority of the day up the mountains and evenings in the bars and restaurants

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends