All reviews buffet starter main course main gondola goulash evening meal my wife and i have stayed veal gondola and chair lift good sized bathroom comfortable dining room decent breakfast tea making facilities short downhill walk price quality half board salad hot water
Reviewed July 28, 2018

This is the tenth time my wife and I have stayed at this hotel (I think, I am beginning to loose count!). This is the third time I have stayed here this year and I have already booked our winter holiday, when I shall be bringing my 9 year old granddaughter. I do not know of any other 3 star hotel that matches it. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel, the food, the staff and the room.
During this stay we had several problems with our hire car and an injury picked up on the mountain, and the hotel staff were extremely helpful throughout.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank alanrM5634BN
Reviewed July 12, 2018

The pool in in principle heated. the hotel is in principle kid friendly. the people at the reception are in principle polite and customer friendly
this is the worst hotel i have seen in Andorra and i have been to a lot. It is so bad that i will report them to the tourist office.

Room Tip: dont go there with your children
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
fjmr, Gerente at Xalet Verdu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Dear "customer",

Thank you very much for your comment, and for the interest in duplicating it and publishing it in different languages, so that EVERYONE, knows your impressions about us.
I thank you for the acrimony, and the lack of respect, since their forms and opinions portray you more than the hotel.
Any intelligent reader will see, comparing their comments with the ones from most customers, that their comments are false, and that they don’t correspond to reality.
The water in the hotel pool is 22-23 degrees, since we use an a heating system. Otherwise, the temperature would be about 11 degrees. If you want hot water, there is always the Mediterranean, but not a high mountain hotel located at 1500 meters of altitude.
The staff of the hotel, the only thing he had with you is patience. We got a phone call from your sister (mother of the teenagers who accompanied them during their stay), to apologize for his behavior, ways and lack of education ... I can not reproduce what his sister said about you because, Tripadvisor wouldn’t publish it ... With that, I think I already said everything.
The noisy street ... the street is NOT noisy ... it was you. You know very well that we had to draw attention to you numerous times, due to complaints from the adjoining rooms, and all you did was to scream more to annoy them. We were about to call the police, but ... to avoid problems we didn’t do it, and tried to take the matter in the best way.
Our clientele, far from it is ... as you call it, a herd of oxen. That also defines you as a "person" and your behavior.
We appreciate that you consider us The Worst hotel in Andorra, because that guarantees that we will never see it again here. Although, after seeing the complaints that you wrote as well from all the other establishments and businesses, that you have visited during their vacations (spas, bars, etc ...), we think that you have already finished all the options for your next days of rest.
I hope it goes well ... and that we never have to "suffer" you again around here.

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Xalet Verdu for a week on a Neilson skiing holiday for the family. On arrival the staff were very friendly and although our room wasn’t quite ready allowed us to wait for the cleaning to be finished. The room was absolutely spotless when we moved in. We had a spacious room for 4 (plenty of room for all of our clobber as well as ski equipment. Lovely big radiator to dry our wet gear on. The room had picturesque views down the hill with the mountains in the background. We had half board with a range of hot and cold breakfast which was plentiful. Evening meal served between 7:30-10pm which is much later than lots of hotels in the village. Buffet starter (hot and cold) and a choice of main course from 3. All food has been fantastic with lovely friendly, attentive staff, even when we walked in at 9:45 one evening!! Perfectly located for the gondola and apres ski , a short walk down the hill. We did hire a locker up the mountain though to save lugging the gear every day. Would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Suzylou2011
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We stayed at the Xalet Verdi last week , as a party of 5, on a Neilsons skiing holiday.
Our outward journey had been subject to problems, resulting in an arrival time in Arinsal at 5pm instead of 12 midday.
However, we soon forgot the tiring journey once we arrived at the hotel. We were welcomed warmly and allocated our rooms. We loved the food, which was served in the comfortable dining room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable with an en suite and plenty of hot water.
The menu was Catalan influenced and each evening, we looked forward to sampling the various dishes. The hot and cold buffet worked very well as a starter or main course.
Breakfast was a good combination of hot and cold food, with very good coffee. We found that we did not really need to have lunch if we ate a substantial breakfast.
The staff are the real reason we enjoyed our stay. All of them, from the owner, reception staff and dining room team could not have been more helpful or friendly. We went away, thinking how hospitable the Andorran people were.
A great base for our holiday. The ski bus drivers were happy to stop right outside the hotel. It was also well situated for the apes ski activities.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms around the side or back of the building
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank liz n
Reviewed March 16, 2018

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel 9 times in four years, winter and summer (twice in the 2018 and it is only March now). We shall be returning in the summer. Room and food very good value for money, as much as you can eat. If you go hungry here, you are a very fussy eater, but don't stay here if you want pizza and chips, the food is real food and the staff cannot do enough for you. I have stopped in 5 other hotels in Arinsal, but looked no further when I found this one. I have introduced my brother and sister-in-law to this hotel, they have stayed 3 time and will now not stay anywhere else. During February half term I took my granddaughter there, because of food intolerances she has a very restricted diet - no problem with this hotel.
The hotel will purchase lift passes (in advance) for you at a much cheaper rate than other places.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony looking down the village, great view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple