See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2014

We stayed there for 5 days with our two children ( 5 years and 1 year old) to attend the wedding of my brother-in-law, and a day didn't go by when we didn't remark about how incredible the place was. Not only is it outstandingly beautiful, but the staff, THE STAFF! I can't say enough good about the staff! Lise and Paul... They were amazing - very professional and accessible and accommodating to any of the needs we had for our kids (it being so dark at night in the country and our eldest afraid of the dark, I had asked for a nightlight, and having none on hand, was provided instead with LED battery powered candles to create a relaxing ambience for us to fall asleep to every night). They thought of everything for us, including swimming diapers for our baby should we wish to use the pool! There were toys and games, which rarely got used as our kids just LOVED to run around the grounds, playing in the extensive and beautifully maintained vegetable garden (often eating half of it before they were done). And the food... Oooh la la! We ate like royalty every day! I am having foie gras withdrawal! The breakfast every morning had the most variety of any hotel I had ever stayed in in France, including fruit and walnuts grown on the estate! And THE WEDDING! It was the PERFECT location for the wedding. The staff helped make it a beautifully personal and seemingly effortless event. The groom himself was as impressed as we all were, and was sure to give the staff a standing ovation during the reception! I will post this review on every travel site I can find, as it's the least I can do to show my great appreciation to the Chateau and its staff for helping create unforgettable memories for us all! Merci Lise et Paul!

Room Tip: The large suite we had, had a window in the bathroom that was at ground level and when opened, was hazardous for our baby. The staff was very quick to point it out to me and offer the clever solution of placing my suitcase in the space on the windowsill. It was one of the biggest rooms and thus they wanted to give us the space we needed for our kids, but it came with this one danger that they were quick to note and resolve for us. It is also VERY dark at night if there is no moon. In the middle of the country, you literally can't see your hand in front of your face, and it made late night bathroom trips interesting! I imagine this would be the same in any room, maybe bring a little flashlight? I wouldn't change a thing about it though... the stars at night were magnificent!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chantale56
Reviewed September 8, 2014

Our friends got married at the Chateau and had a pool party the next day. All I can say is WOW. I would love to get married there. Or even just hang out! The venue is incredible and beautiful. It is rustic and inviting and classy. The staff is beyond gracious, kind and hardworking. Never have I seen a group of people work so hard. They were invisible beings, making sure we were fed and well hydrated. They stayed up super late and were the first ones up in the morning with smiles on their faces. I simply can't recommend this Chateau enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ash_spiegs
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at Le Mas de Montet for a week with family and friends and I can't say a bad word about it. It was amazing. The Chateau was incredible and everything that you would expect both inside and out.
This was the first time that the Chateau had been let for a week as a whole as it is normally a hotel. The owner who lives next door maintained a discrete presence to ensure that the facility was being cared for.
The room was more like a suite for me and my two children. The Chateau was amazing both inside and outside and the pool was excellent.
Bakers in the local village and supermarkets close in Riberac.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ridders69
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed here for an entire week with friends and family, with the Chateau and grounds exclusively for our use, as part of the wedding celebrations for our daughter. With a marquee erected on the lawn for two days the Chateau provided a truly magnificent setting for a very memorable wedding.
The architecture and decor are superb, and the grounds, pool, and local area provided ample opportunity for relaxation for the rest of the week. The owners were extremely flexible, and accommodating in providing us with the facilities to be "self catering" for the majority of the week, other than the wedding itself. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a venue for anyone seeking a high quality venue for a wedding.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gary R
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed one night in the Presidential Suite, and would have loved to have stayed a week or a month! The grounds and chateau are stunning and have an authentic history. There is a relaxing pool. The exotic tree collection throughout the acres of land is truly astonishing. The food and wine were superb and nothing was too much trouble. The staff were polite, courteous and highly professional yet warm, friendly and welcoming. Hardly anyone in the UK will know about this place, but it really is worth a visit. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Presidential Suite if you can, but all rooms are of a high standard, with impeccable presentation and cleanliness.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple