US$250
US$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$261/night.

US$158
TripAdvisor
Gasthof Simony(Hallstatt)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain buildinglake viewnespresso machineshuttle bus to the hotelparking lotgreat roomjunior suitetrain stationin townsalt mine tourhotel restaurantelectric boatshuttle servicetop floorwonderful viewsmall townbeautiful place
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my 2nd trip to Hallstat. I had good experience in Hallstat, staying at Seehotel Gruner Baum on my first trip. Thought I will try a different hotel this time. It was a big mistake. The receptionist, Simon really ruined my family holiday. I brought my family this trip, booking 2 rooms. To my horror, we were given 2 rooms, on 2 different floors. Upon request to have the 2 rooms on the same floor, Simon without trying to check told me off saying that It is my mistake for not stating so during booking. When I tried to explain that my children are still young so it is important to be on the same floor, he suddenly speaks to me in Chinese (we were conversing in English as this is my national language) continue to tell me it is my fault. Worst service I have encountered! I will never come back to this hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank GG_Paris
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

The most expensive hotel we've stayed during this trip. (€149/night, exclude breakfast) Located in the center of Hallstatt, very historical one.

They drove car to transport luggage and carried up to 3rd floors for us due to there's no elevator. But we loved the way they decorated, very modern inside.

Just need to make sure your luggage wheel is strong enough as my friend lost one of the wheel during walking.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We were excited for our stay in Hallstatt, but unfortunately rain put a damper on our time here. Overall, the Heritage Hotel is quaint, clean, and comes with great views. However, the staff was extremely unhelpful and not friendly. When you approach the front desk, either upon arrival or to ask a question during your stay, the staff appeared bored out of their mind and annoyed that you are standing at the desk. We unfortunately at the pleasure of working with Simon each day- who was unable to answer any question we had with confidence, did not volunteer any guidance or helpful tips, and even booked excursions incorrectly. He never smiled, and again, it always felt that we were bothersome. The restaurant staff was nice for the most part, but general stuffiness was observed. However, the restaurant’s dinner service was delicious and overall great quality of food. Rooms had no A/C and the bed was two twins pushed together. Although the city is picturesque, we would advice making this a short stop during your travels, and not an extended stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here and chose three different types of salad.
Service was good and friendly and the prices reasonable.
I had the chicken salad which was tasty and my wife had the fruit and wild mushroom salad.
The others had prawn salad.
OK but nothing smart about it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been travelling in more than 55 countries, in both very basic hostels and luxury hotels, and what I hate most is an overpriced place!

Bad things:
- Check in is at 3pm only!! But check out at 11am..I never saw that before, they DON’T make any effort for checking you in earlier, and for the price you pay..
- When I booked the room, they didn’t mention they have 3 buildings. The one I was put in is: at the other end of the village, in a creepy street, an old and not beautiful building, with no elevator, no bar or restaurant, and scratchy walls.
- The bedroom had scratches on the walls and no hooks in the bathroom.
- The bedroom did have a balcony, but facing the other end of the mountains, not the village.

Good things:
- big bedroom
- good wifi
- Occitane products in the bathroom

Bottom line is, this hotel is OVERPRICED and DISAPPOINTING, check the other hotels if you’re staying in Hallstatt.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo