All reviews city centre courtyard by marriott front desk manager business hotel design center personal taste high level of service high speed internet pricey side nice bathroom nice hotel nice weather business travel tea making facilities meeting room minutes walking by foot
Reviewed July 27, 2016

This chain hotel was busy - but the staff was incredible - mailing a lost item back to the US for me gives me reason to sing their praises!. Clean, modern, Excellent breakfast buffet with lots of cheeses, breads and hot dishes. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby.
I was only there one night, but they served us well.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Just a quick review on our last weekend in the Courtyard Linz staying one night over the weekend.

Arrival
Very lovely and friendly lady at check in, was a breeze. Parking was available free of charge on regular parking spots on the street because it was weekend. Alternatively they have a garage for EUR 20, - I believe.

Location
I cannot comment on as we were visiting friends who picked us up from the Hotel. So no idea how far the City Centre is away.

Room
Room was a good size, with comfy bed and a modern bath, the water pressure could have been a bit better, but was ok. Room looked newly renovated. Definitely a nice room for a Courtyard. Internet was provided free of charge for Marriott Rewards members. Small minibar with really ridiculous prices.

Breakfast
The only negative point to say is that at breakfast the room where breakfast was served was so crowded that we could not get a seat in there and where seated before the breakfast room. I have to say luckily as it was so full and loud in there. Long queues to get some eggs etc. Breakfast lasts till 10:30 in the morning. We have been there at 1000 and due to the massive amount of people there it was a struggle to get everything till they would close, there is clearly room for improvement.

Check out
Same as check in, was a breeze and very friendly again

Overall
Depending if the location fits you in Linz, I would definitely recommend that place and if I should go back again I would consider it as well.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2016

The rooms of the hotel are very nicely equipped, I really liked the the bathroom layout. The location is very close to the center of Linz, which offers a lot of thing to see. The breakfast bar had good selection of food.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2016

Hotel at our next city was booked so we needed one night between stops to crash. Booked here to rack up points on an inexpensive hotel. Staff was delightful. Had some glitches in our room when we checked in so the lady at the desk brought new keys and helped move to a new room. Parking gate arm didn't open so we had to call the desk from the driveway...they were so apologetic for these few mishaps, which were really no big deal. Crowded but full gym. Coin-fed cappuccino machine in the lobby by reception--thought that was odd, but front desk gave change cuz they said the machine was cheaper than the bar for coffee. Comfy sleep, good AC, wifi, room wasn't big, but we didn't need a big one for the one night. Bathroom was more than adequate. Don't think the location is good for walking around Linz, but the hotel was nice enough, especially with the great staff. If parking in their garage, you can use the luggage racks kept down in the garage for easy transporting up to your room. Hotel does NOT have on-site self-laundry machines despite what the website says.

Room Tip: ask for room away from elevator
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ebunnyg
Reviewed July 4, 2016

First impressions count and my word, the first impressions were great AND the second and third!! Every single member of staff is ultra friendly and helpful, they obviously take great pride in their job. I've not experienced customer service like this for a long time anywhere in the world. The room was very clean, the market shop is a GREAT idea where you can grab water, wine, snacks and gifts to charge to your room. Very good idea and everything is well presented and well priced. The bed was so comfortable and I fell asleep immediately and woke up very fresh before my alarm!!! Clean bathroom ( with bath) and a good TV with good choice of channels. I didn't use the bar but it looked very inviting!! I LOVEthis hotel and it has given me a very good impression of Linz and I would absolutely recommend without hesitation!!!

Room Tip: I was in 506 and had lovely view of the distant hills.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business