See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2015

This hotel is in a good location near the lake. Parking is easy, and the town is only a short drive away. Also there is a bus stop right outside the hotel, with buses into town every 20 minutes. There is no restaurant, but there is a good pizzeria on the lakeside just a short walk away. Also we found the staff at reception to be most obliging.

Now for the not-so-good bits. Our room was very large but, like the rest of the hotel, it had no air conditioning. As the weather was quite warm we found that the room got very hot and stuffy at night. The only way to ventilate it was to open the patio doors, and then we couldn't draw the curtains. Please note that a couple of websites say that the hotel is fully air-conditioned. This is wrong.

We also had a very large bathroom but no bath, only a very small shower cabinet. Other things were a bit of a mixture. The bed seemed to have a new and expensive headboard, but the matress was overdue for replacement. Also most of our towels were well worn.

I wouldn't describe this as a four-star hotel, more like a good three-star. However, apart from the lack of air-conditioning in summer, I would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2015 via mobile

Our group consists of 45 young adults, 15 parents and coaches. We came here to watch our children participate at United World Games and took quite a few rooms overcharged because of this tournament. And the owner Mr. Luc has mistreated me and my friends in such an awful way in many different occasions that were unimaginable in any place let alone so called 4 star hotel. First incident took place over breakfast when I wanted to take three rotten apples for my child and his friends when he literally started shouting at me in middle of the breakfast place that I could not take any apples out that I could only eat them there and kept on screaming more with another colleague of his when I reminded him of the fact that we are total of 60 people staying at his hotel and i should not need anybodys permission to take three rotten apples. He then shouted more and more in his own language. It is the first time I have been treated this way by an owner of the hotel where 4 children stay in one room for a ridicuoulus amount for the service we receive( rooms don't get cleaned until three in the afternoon the earliest, they don't put any shampoo, soap, laundry bags in the room when you run out of them etc,
Then when we were sitting outside having coffee he stared at me with such hatrete in his eyes that I had to stare right back at him and he kept it up till I had to ask him why he is staring at me? He then told another mum when she put her legs at the table outside in garden that she has no manners. That shocked us even more since her feet was not touching the coffee table at all. And who is he to teach his guests manners where he thinks he has to scream at them for taking three apples and staring at them in such a bad way.
So this hotel with its owners, their attitutude, their lack of service and their old rooms should only deserve the rate of a 1 star hotel in overall, rather then 4 star that they somehow have!
There is much better hotels around the same neighbhourhood for less price that I would highly reccomend if you ever have to come Klagenfurt such as Seepark hotel that is 5 minutes away from our hotel.
Don't go there worst place and service I have ever experienced.

Date of stay: June 2015
2  Thank Emine G
Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

I was here with group of chinese people in april 2015. First when you see building outside you are not impressed but when you get inside, situation is getting much better! Nice and comfortable hotel with pleasant staff, always there to help you
... it is great value for your money and you will hardly find better accomodation for that money. It is not 5 star place so it has some things wich can be better:
- breakfast, missing scrambled eggs and few more things fried, wurschle, bacon...
- economy rooms are not for 4 star hotel

So best advice is to take standard or bussines room if you can, they are ok and great for 4 star place.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2014

I was just one night in Klagenfurt on a business trip, so I did not have the chance to get to know all details of this hotel, but for this one night, it was just excellent. The room had a lot of space with all the comfort you need, the bathroom was also huge and had some extra features in the shower. While you might miss a bathtub, the shower had a steam bath function and even a sauna function which compensates more than enough for the missing bathtub.
The breakfast was also very nice, you could get all the fresh coffee varieties you need (e.g. Espresso, Capucchino etc.), fresh made omelettes or scrambled eggs additional to the usual breakfast stuff like break, sausages, butter and cheese. Of course fresh fruits were available, too. I especially liked the parma ham which was cut fresh.
The service at the reception was good, although I didn't have much requests.
Overall, there were just some smaller issues which could trouble you, but as mentioned, I just stayed one night and they were no major issue for me. For example, there were no stairs to get to the first floor (only outside stairs for emergency?), only an elevator, which might be annoying, if you have to go to room very often.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MichaelStrasser
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Have stayed here a number of times. The location of the hotel is perfect. On the shore of the Lake which is amazing. You can walk for miles, swim in the lake or jump on a bus into town. The car park is free to park in and there's an overflow if it gets busy.

The rooms are large and well equipped. As in Europe, there is no kettle, so don't expect one. There are vending machines and a bar downstairs for coffee and light snacks etc.

We have been coming to Klagenfurt for over a lifetime and now only stay in Plattenwirt.

Room tip: The hotel has recently been refurbished. The older side is more 'Austrian'.
Date of stay: September 2013