“Nice Italian restaurant ”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #19 of 163 Restaurants in Villach
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at La Gondola with the kids.
The restaurant located in the heart of Villach.
We ordered pizza,pasta, vegetables on the grill and salads for the Main course
For dessert we ordered tiramisu that was very good,

Very nice restaurant for family’s

Highly recommended

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

La Gondola is easy to miss as it is in a passageway from the local high street. The menu has many typical Italian dishes and is divided as such with the entrees, ‘primo’ (first), ‘secondo’ (mains) and a large selection of pizzas. We had pasta from a large selection and the portion was considerable for a starter. Staff was nice and prices are value for money. There us seating both in the passageway/yard and inside.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We really enjoyed the true essence of local food at this restaurant. This cozy restaurant is located at the end of a narrow alley in Villach old town.
Super friendly staff did their best to communicate in English.
Food was good both for taste and value.

Something I didn't like in general for most of restaurants in Europe is SMOKING. It seems all European people either smoke or really enjoy inhaling the smoke of other smokers ...

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I visited alone whilst on a business trip on Friday night and whilst I had not pre-booked the waiter easily accommodated me.

I had the beef carpaccio as a starter and chicken in white wine sauce with mushrooms and both were superb and very reasonably priced as the whole meal with a beer came to €31.

If I had one criticism it is that the waiter did not appear to be giving me his full attention when taking my order, appearing to be more interested in new customers coming in through the door. This left me unsure as to whether or not I was actually going to get what I ordered.

Would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt though and visit again.

Reviewed December 23, 2016

Went there for a dinner in family, nice and easy welcome.
Extremely fast service even if the restaurant is busy
Price range is moderate