All reviews minute bus ride excellent quality and service quiet neighborhood city centre bells austria
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were two families totaling seven from the U.S. Our stay was very pleasant thanks to the very friendly staff and service. Breakfast was sumptuous and delicious. We also enjoyed dinner one evening. We enjoyed the salad bar one late afternoon. All in all, a great stay. We will definetly come back here when we visit Salzburg.

Room Tip: Make sure windows open well during summer!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Devi G
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Salzburg, but a little village with a church nearby and the bells at the morning.Friendly staff. If you don´t need to be at the city centre, this is a good idea. Beds comfortable, quite soft for me, but a good sleep there, what I needed. Food and salad buffet at the restaurant possible also quite late ( after 9,30 pm), breakfast was nice. Hotel was chosen by the company, we needed a parking place for the big busses, what is nearby the hotel ( 3 - 5 minutes walk). Some big truck were parking there too. Not sure to come again on my own, if I want to go to Salzburg myself, but I enjoyed the stay there. If I want to go myself, I would try to find the place closer the city centre for the same money. The location next to the highway and parking just at the hotel (or nearby for the big cars), this is also the advantage of the place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The hotel is in a quit area, by car it take 10 minutes to city center. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are clean, it a good size and confortable but without luxury. Good breakfast with different types of bread, cheese, meats, fruits, cereals... I would back again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This place is stereotypical for many a tourist destination - acceptable, but pricey without much attention to detail... the guests come anyway.
We stayed there for one night stopover in Jan. 2012, because it was conviently located from the highway. The whole place exuded an early 80ies charme, if you can call it that. It does have an elevator, just big enough to move a baby in it´s stroller. The room was o.k., clean but quite small. Recent years must have seen a few half-hearted makeovers (flat screen TV, new tiles on the bathroom floor and updated showers), but not enough to give our room on the 2nd floor a distinct modern feel. You need a login code for the free internet, worked alright, a bit slow. The baby bed put in at our request was about as old as the rest of the furniture. It worked alright for the night, but it made the room even more crammed. I am uncertain if I would want to spend my holidays as a family in such tight quarters. The beds were too soft for my taste.
Overall, a double for 120 Euro wasn´t exactly cheap, and the shower "kit" (a few pieces of soap and a mounted shampoo dispenser) showed the same disappointing half heartedness breakfast did. Breakfast was served in buffet style. Cereals, bread, some meat, a few jams and other portioned spreads, yoghurt, a few veggies, two types of fruit. The meat cuts were the cheap type, as was the orange juice, cheese was in short supply. And why did something as easily supplied as milk have come as UHT? An absolute plus was the friendly young staff at breakfast, who went beyond the call of duty. The restaurant wasn´t open at the time, but from the menu I´d expect average Austrian fare.

The bus line no 4 leaves a few minutes walk from the hotel and takes one into the city center frequently. All in all I´d consider it an option for a short stay, but for a nice holiday... keep shopping around. I have had better for less.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank twosides
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is placed in a quiet but nice area. The terrace and the bar are very welcoming, and the staff are helpful and nice. The food also very good, specially the trout!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family