“Loved it!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel-Pension Bloberger Hof
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I'm late writing this review but as we're planning a return trip to Europe I have been remembering our time in Salzburg and the amazing Bloberger Hof.

We stayed with our two young children in a Junior Suite and it was perfect. Plenty of room, comfortable bed and fold out couch and a lovely view of the mountains. We had a car so the location was not a problem, even one day when my husband took our eldest into Germany to see Hitler's Nest and I took the toddler on the bus into Salzburg for a play. The bus trip is short, easy and inexpensive.

We loved the family feel to this hotel and felt very at home from the moment we arrived. The night time meal on the first night was so good that we dined there every night, and were never disappointed. In fact, the meals were exceptional!

The only down point, and I'm being picky here because honestly this place really is THAT good, was the cost of doing a load of laundry. Mind you, it's comparable to other European hotels, but we found this out a little too late and paid 77 euros for one load of clothes! Read the price list first, and find a laundromat!! We found quite a few of the hotels we stayed in after Salzburg had similarly high prices.

We're planning our return trip to Europe for a white Christmas and planned to spend it at the Bloberger Hof, however sadly they are closing for the Christmas period. It won't be the same anywhere else.

Room Tip: We had a Junior Suite for our family of 4 and it was perfect. Main area downstairs and the bedroom...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jordiesmum

Reviewed 3 April 2012

This place is just perfect for our family. My wife and 2 boys have just stayed in this hotel in April 2012 and its magnificent.
First off you get a nice welcome and get the feel of the family run establishment straight away. We only had a room with an extra bed at first but when the saw my 2 boys they said I could stay in the 2 bedroom room for only a small extra fee, which we accepted and it was brilliant.
Rooms clean and spacious, beds comfortable but we did find the pillows very soft still good nights sleep. No Air Con but heating and because its so quiet outside we just had the windows open to cool down.
Breakfast is awesome and made for you as you arrive, so ask for whatever you like they make it.
We had dinner here as well 3 of our 4 nights and it was really nice.
Wifi is free, parking free, now that is what makes stays just a little bit better IMO
You cant ask for a nicer stay.
Yes the place is outside central Salzburg but we had a car and drove in no worries its maybe 2 turns to get to a parking garage in the old town or Buses run all the time a 2 min walk from the front door.
My advice is if you have a hire car and a family that explores all day and relaxes at night its perfect because thats how we found it.
10 out of 10.
Also give Snoopy a pat from me and my boys there gorgeous dog that lives there.

Room Tip: Perfection for familys
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Badger115
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Family owned, personal feel. Cozy atmosphere. Very friendly service. Just outside of town, nestled in the footlands of the mountain countryside, but close enough to drive, or take a bus to main attractions.
Food in the restaurant here is OUTSTANDING. I wish I could eat it every day!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed here for two nights between Christmas and New Years. It is an adorable little place about a 10-15 min bus ride from the town, easy taxi ride. We were a couple of flights of stairs up and lugging my bag up was a pain. The room was very cosy, however my tall husband managed to bang his head a few times on the low door frames, requiring post it reminder notes, not quite high enough for him. He just managed to fit on the bed and we did have good nights sleeps while we were there. The breakfast was great, good selection, everything from cereal to smoked fish, cream cheese, fresh rolls, very delicious. Very friendly family that ran it, they even gave us a lift to where a shuttle bus was going up to the slopes at no cost. They also have a restaurant in the evening, we had a great meal - recommended. Lovely location and it snowed during the night while we were there, waking to a winter wonderland. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel is a typical austrian family hotel. I would not rate it as high as some but the service and the quality of the place is above average. The price is also above average but not is not outrageous, especially the appartment is useful for a famiy of 2 adults and 2 small kids who do not want to have to get 2 rooms.
The food served is reasonably priced but the drinks are not (like everywhere in Austria). But it would be better if there were more fresh vegetables and fruit on the menu.
If typical austrian woodwork and furniture are not your style then do not stay here.
There is an easy and frequent bus (line 21) connection into town but it will take you at least half an hour.

Room Tip: Families with kids should reserve one of the apartments.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank LondonTelegramSam
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Bloberger hof is a great pension, very clean and is located in a lovely neighbourhood. It is located near Salzburg's city center, but there is bus station that you can easly use for your transportation. the breakfast is rich and very fresh. The staff very helpfull. You can find at the pension the Salzburg card which is very useful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillysGtr
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Travelling from Australia with Wife, 2 Daughters (6, 15), 1 Son (13).

I booked the Bloberger Hof based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I had some trepidation with this booking as the hotel appears to be outside the city. This proved to be unfounded.

Our whole family were very happy with the decision to stay at the Bloberger.

The rural location is excellent - it is a short bus or taxi ride to the Old Town and this is more than made up for by the mountain views and much fairer room rates.

The rooms are really very nice. The are clean and very modern with lots of timber a bit like a swish sauna with a bed.

The only suggestion / warning is: if you are 6" (183cm) or more like me and you take a top floor apartment (which were really nice) you may bang your head in the bath room as it is under the roof line. This became a running joke with my wife every time I used the toilet - "Bonk" followed by me swearing. Its not really a problem but if you are over 6 foot maybe ask for a 2nd not 3rd floor apartment.

That reminds me - there are no lifts. So if you have a wonky knee, back or just can't be bothered lugging you bags up stairs ask for a ground or first floor apartment.

The owners the Keuschnigg's are genuinely friendly and welcoming. They looked after us like family.

The food for dinner and breakfast is excellent.

So I ask why stay in an expensive city hotel when you can stay at the Blogberger for half the cost and you wiil experience some true Austrian hospitality?

I travel all over the world for my work and regularly stay in 5 star hotels, in many ways the Blogberger was bettter, I would not stay anywhere else in Salzberg.

Room Tip: That reminds me - there are no lifts. So if you have a wonky knee, back or just can't be bother...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family