“The hills were alive while we sang our music!”

Panorama Tours Original Sound of Music Tour
Book In Advance
US$83.92*
The Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg With Lunch or Dinner
US$455.56*
and up
Private Custom Day Tour from Vienna: The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
US$1,186.85*
Full Day Private Original Sound of Music Tour
Ranked #2 of 44 Tours in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A bus tour of several of the sites seen in the classic film The Sound of Music.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A terrific tour! The guide gave lots of city info and stuff unrelated to the Sound of Music, but it all fit in well and helped me locate places I wanted to see after the tour. The tour itself was brilliant - it was awesome to see the places from the movie come alive in front of me and listen to the real stories behind parts of the movie and the real life story. As opposed to other tours from people in my hostel, this is the best - we went to Mozart's mother's birthplace too, we stopped for awesome views, a possible filming location for Dr Zhivago was pointed out and we pulled over for pics and the guide was a wealth of info about tons of things. If you're going to do the movie tour - do the original one!

2  Thank Erin D

Reviewed 6 February 2012

15 Jan 930am Tour

Guide and driver were both approachable and knowledgeable. A section of the Mirabell Gardens where Do Re Mi song was filmed, was closed when we visited on our own after the tour. Mondsee was nice and romantic, fun reliving childhood nostalgia scenes from movie. Listened to some songs from soundtrack and special 40th anniversary edition of DVD. Overall enjoyable and worth doing, with pleasant guide :)

2  Thank Orbidtank
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I along with our eight-year-old granddaughter took this tour and were absolutely blown away by the beauty of Austria! Our tour guide and his sidekick busdriver were hilarious and very knowledgeable about SOM facts and fiction. We wish we had spent more time in Salzburg so we could have visited more sites but only had one full day but we were so glad we took the time for this tour. The first thing we wanted to do after returning home to North Carolina was watch our dvd of SOM! As I write this my granddaughter is watching it again for the 3rd time since the tour!

2  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 3 February 2012

just got finished with the sound of music tour. Absolutely amazing. We had done the classical Salzburg tour last night and got to see a couple of stops. We loved this tour with Michael as or guide. A lot of fun though cold.

I will say if you are not a fan of sound of music, the better choice is the classical Salzburg tour coupled with the lakes tour. That would be perfect.

this was the best value tour I've ever done though.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Whilst visiting Salzburg we completed a sound of music tour this was fantastic and informative .
So informative that you felt you were there with the cast
Our Tour Guide was exceptional and knowledge of the region was great
Do this tourtreat yourself to the expeierance

1  Thank GTRXU11972