Gasthof Badl(Hall in Tirol)
TripAdvisor
HWEST Hotel Hall(Hall in Tirol)
TripAdvisor
Parkhotel Hall(Hall in Tirol)
  • Restaurant
All reviewstower suitewi fiold towntirolbasementguestsaustriainnsbruck
Reviewed January 9, 2017

The buildings of the hotel are historic - medieval I'm guessing - and a few have been joined up to make this small hotel. As a consequence there is a lot of variation in room sizes and floor arrangements. The reception area is particularly atmospheric.

We were only here for 1 night and stayed in room 303. There was a lift at our end of the building which enabled us to get our cases to the room without negotiating stairs. The owner was on reception, but it was a long hike from our room to get there & he was elsewhere a couple of times I had questions - it proved easier to phone reception & he called back when he was back at the desk. On my first trip down to reception I realised I should have taken the room key with me as internal doors locked behind me on the way down - luckily I found the owner that time.

Our room was quite large & basic but comfortable enough. It had originally been a large, almost square room, but one edge has been partitioned off to make an ensuite bathroom - this makes for a very long & narrow bathroom. The bathroom was quite modern, but the compromises due to the layout were obvious - extraction fan and towel rails were about 5m from the shower for example. The bed was comfortable enough. The curtains in the bay windows were in poor condition. Free Wifi apparently, but we couldn't get it to work.

Breakfast was unusual - when we went into the dining area the waitress brought out plates of cheese, lettuce, ham & tomato for us (unrequested), then asked what juice and cereal we wanted. (We chose OJ & muesli). A boiled egg for each of us was then brought out - again unrequested. Some of the people we were travelling with were just presented with a juice & cereal at random, so had no choices at all.

We ate dinner in the bar/restaurant in the basement. Food was quite good & plentiful. We were serenaded by a local group playing folk songs, including some yodelling (not much, thankfully).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

I ordered the Vienese Veal Lights and my husband ordered Hunters deer Ragout. I was looking more for Wiener schnitzel so I was somewhat surprised by the plate. It was good. My husbands deer was a mix of lean meat and some fattier. It was hearty and good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Popular restaurant in Hall with nice outdoor terrace. Inside not so appealing - typical plain dark beer keller. Was particularly busy evening we visited as local music festival with live music and service suffered a little as a result. However food was very good and there is an extensive menu. Would eat there again

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Very good hotel in a nice old town, well located to visit Innsbruck (5 minutes by train).
Old building, but modern rooms.
Very kind staff, they helped us for a problem we had on the train. Thank you Cindy.

Room Tip: quiet rooms at the back
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2016

This was a very nice hotel. Alois was always willing to help or make recommendations.
We were in Room 202, but my impression is all the rooms are a bit different. The restaurant is excellent. We had a car so this was our home base and we drove to various places. The "High Road" is a bit of a drive, but well worth it if you are looking for scenery. We visited Innsbruck briefly, but we liked our location much better.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple