All reviewsclub mahindralovely villageair hockeycable carbeautiful receptionski lessonsvillage churchski centrecosmos tourswimming poolfamily ski holidaybus stop rightper deviceunderfloor heatingnice hotelnursery slopesbrilliant stay
Reviewed August 4, 2018

We booked a week's holiday through Inghams. Unfortunately my husband broke his ankle on day 1 so this is not the usual holiday hotel review, as I spent the week alone at the hotel as he was in hospital.
Our room was OK. Lots of storage, and pleasantly cool as we had a balcony shading direct sun. Food was as I would expect from a 3 star hotel - adequate but not very exciting. It was very good value being able to have a packed or in-house lunch. I did find mealtimes lonely on my own, and most of the waiters chose to ignore me, particularly when I went for lunch. I must mention Magdalena however who made a point of talking to me and asking about my husband whenever she could. She even visited us in the hospital.
This was a very difficult week. The reception staff and manageress were all aware of my husband's accident but not once did any of them ask how he was. It would have made such a difference to have had a friendly enquiry when I talked to them.
I had to move to a hotel in Innsbruck at the end of the week as there were no vacancies at the Bon Alpina, but no-one even offered to help by suggesting their sister hotels etc. They seemed more concerned about me vacating my room on time.
We would love to return to Igls as we didn't even begin to explore the area, but would find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Gabriele S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Bon Alpina, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

dear Worthingwanderer,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the experience you have had at the Hotel Bon Alpina in Igls.

As the representative of the hotel I am most saddened to hear that you were unhappy and felt lonely during your stay.
I kindly ask your to accept my sincere apologies for this.

Of course I have been informed on the misfortune and accident of your husband but never saw you for longer than a minute when you passed the reception desk. As we are having a busy season and daily 190 persons having questions to ask and problems to share we have not been aware of your difficult situation.

I do hope that your husband will be well again in the meantime.. I will talk to Magdalena and thank her for her empathy and compassion which we all should have shown to you. Please excuse our lack of friendliness.

Kindly accept that the reservation of the room for you, after the official stay in Igls was organized by your tour organisation and beyond our influence.

Thank you for staying at the hotel Bon Alpina.. In the meantime, I remain optimistic and hope to get a second chance to demonstrate the true Hotel Bon Alpina hospitality.

with warm regards
Gabi Stiebleichinger
manageress

Reviewed August 4, 2018

A very good three, almost four, star hotel. The balcony room was comfortable and clean. The meals were very good with friendly service, and the staff in general were very helpful.The resort is well positioned, with good links via bus to various attractions.It is a pity that, outside school holidays, the local tram only runs regularly at weekends. Overall highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Gabriele S, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Bon Alpina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ronlawmusic,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write such a nice review about your stay with us.

We truly value your views, respect the feedbacks of all our guests, and can reassure you that our team members are really committed to provide our guests with the best holiday experience.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our duty and we shall not move away from it. All departments concerned and I wish to thank you for your kind words and compliments.

We would be very happy to welcoming you in Igls again

Sincerely yours’,
Gabi Stiebleichnger

Reviewed June 7, 2018

We booked this Hotel through Booking.com, as this one of the easiest ways of finding accomodation. Up until now, we have travelled throughout Europe using Booking.com without any problems

Upon arrival at Bon Alpina, we were greeted by Ms Gabi Stiebleichinger.

We checked into our room and found the towels in the Bathroom were damp. I took them down to Gabi and asked for dry ones. She said housekeeping were having difficulty getting Laundry dried in time for new guests, but would send dry ones when available.
When I came back to the room, my wife said' The trash can from the previous guest has not been emptied'
I took the trash container down to Gabi and told her. This time she became really angry. She said' our staff have not had time to keep up with the cleaning. I can see you are going to keep complaining. If you leave and find somewhere else we wont charge you!'

I told her we will not be leaving, as these were reasonable requests.
She said " We are a 3 star Hotel and you obviously expect better." I replied not at all. We have stayed in many other 3 Star Hotels with better service.
The Towels and Trash Container issues were solved and we went downtown for a lovely dinner by the river

I believe Bon Alpina has two standards. For Booking.com guests, I believe the Hotel has to pay a commision, and they give guests a lesser standard of attention, particularly if they dont pay the extra for Breakfast.

I had pondered when I read the very mixed reviews from past guests ranging from satisfied to downright angry with the way they had been treated by the Manager
The rest of the staff were lovely

Obviously Gabi Stiebleichinger has issues she needs to deal with.

She has not ruined our holiday to this beautiful part of the world, as we have had a fantastic time. I hope she takes time to reflect and treats all guests with respect
sincerely

Herb S

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Herb S
Gabriele S, Manager at Bon Alpina, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Mr. Herb S,

thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at hotel Bon Alpina in Igls and sharing your experiences with fellow travelers.

I am obviously saddened to hear again (as already published on booking.com) of your unsatisfactory experience with the manageress Mrs. Gabi Stiebleichinger. As part of our continued commitment to enhance our property and services. I am also most saddened that you have discovered damp towls and a full dust bin in your room. and I kindly ask you to accept my sincere apologies on this.

Nevertheless, I think and you have said that you enjoyed other aspects of our facilities and services during your stay.

Thank you once again for staying at the resort. We remain hopeful that we will have a chance to welcome you back sometimes.

Best regards,
Gabi Stiebleichinger

Reviewed May 15, 2018

We were booked into the hotel as part of an independent fly/drive package trip. It’s a good hotel in a tiny town. A decent hot breakfast was served every morning. The hotel was packed due to a school holiday in Austria but service was very good. Our room was typically small as they are in Europe but served us well. The only real complaint I have is the parking - it was impossible to find a spot at the hotel and we had to park a block over and walk. This wasn’t a problem except when it was raining.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

A few kilometres outside Innsbruck this hotel is located in a charming little village. There is a bus that goes into Innsbruck. A supermarket is close by to purchase a few essentials.
The hotel is clean & comfortable but has no air conditioning so we had to sleep with the window open. The room was nice & had a balcony.
Evening meal was quite nice, a mixed salad,spaghetti, chicken schnitzel & apple strudel. Breakfast was usual continental plus egg, bacon etc.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple