See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

The location right next to the station worried me a little bit but the noise form the trains in minimal. It's a family run hotel and everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to say hello and make me feel welcome, as well as cater for my gluten feee needs. There are lots of beautiful plants in the stairways etc and the rooms are cleaned every day. Compared to some ski hotels the standards are good and I'd come again

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2017

I stayed a Pension Rainhof for 4 nights during Triathlon European Championships last June and I would highly recommend this place to everybody who wants a nice hotel for a good price. The staff there was extremly friendly trying to make everything easy for us: a palce to store our bikes safely, early breakfast on race day and on departure day, help for transfer arrangements for Munchen airport, some discount for near cable car...

The rooms were big and with everything you need for a confortable stay. it is 5 minutes walking from town centre, very enar to train station and to a cable car with great views up the hill. It has got car parking.

Would be back for sure if I visit again the city!

Greetings from Susana and family!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank susichtraveller
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here. The location is perfect: a 5 minutes walk to the centre of town, 2 minutes to the train station, and 10 minutes to the main ski lift. The rooms are comfortable and the service great. Internet throughout the property. I enjoyed a delicious breakfast courtesy of Rosy every morning. I'd return without hesitation. Some have pointed out that the place is next to the train lines; while that is correct I was never woken up by a train..

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2017

A friendly family run bed & breakfast hotel that I have returned to for several years with friends. Basic accommodation but good value, clean, comfortable and well maintained. Not for you if you're looking for an upmarket hotel with restaurant, bar, gym and pool but perfect to use as a home base to explore Kitzbuhel town and the first class winter and summer activities the area offers. An easy walk from Kitzbuhel rail station, the Hornbahn lift and five minutes max to the town centre. Also has a large private car park.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2017

Good location, nice painted furniture, very clean room. Walking distance to the center, just near the railway. With closed windows, as it was winter, this was not a problem.
Simple but good breakfast, same choice every day. Perfect wifi coverage in our room, not so good in our friends room. Friendly hosts.
We read all the reviews before choosing this pension but as it's a winter sports resort we expected more facilities for the skiers. The ski room is just a wood shelf in the central heating room between sheets put to dry. It's enough in normal conditions but when it was snowing all day and we were all wet, the boots remained damp the following morning (no special heating panel for ski boots).
The overall price is a little bit high for the facilities offered, but we knew that also the resort is very expensive - hotels, restaurants and shops. You will find mostly luxury brands in the city center but the slopes and the ski area are worth the effort.

Room tip: rooms opposite to railroad
  • Trip type: Travelled with family