All reviews train station cereals breads health spa main station ski trip town centre spa area is wonderful hotel min walk top floor balcony skiing mountains kitzbuhel austria cheese vegetarian
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner recently stayed at the hotel. It wasn't a cheap stay but upon arrival we were initially pleased as the ground floor bar, lounge, reception and restaurant looked great and felt high end. However for the price there were just several things that disappointed us and in our eyes, let this hotel down.

Although we are skiers we did not ski this holiday. We were just hoping for a relaxing break away with the opportunity to explore some walking routes and sample the local delicacies. Upon our arrival we were given a complimentary Prosecco which was nice. We were then asked if we were skiing which we weren't so we were just given a map of the town and shown how to walk in. Unfortunately it was not explained what facilities there were available to use in the 'spa resort' hotel, no explanation as to what what fitness classes were running, and no information on attractions in the town or restaurants. When I later asked whether there were gratuitous tea and coffee making facilities I was looked at as if I had just stepped out of an alien spaceship. We didn't mind paying for it but I've stayed in many a skiing accommodation and it's not uncommon to have tea and coffee (and cake) freely available albeit maybe during a certain time period. However I must say there was fruit about the hotel which you could help yourselves to. No hot drink making facilities in the rooms though. We therefore happily resorted to using the bar. They did serve nice drinks and nibbles so that was pleasing. The bill was brought up to you after every drink which was a bit annoying as we were then tipping multiple times over say a few hours. Our room was basic but very clean. The waiters were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Quality food. I only had one quality nights sleep out of three which was frustrating. We were above the dining room/kitchen. Sounded like tables were being moved about until late at night/into the early hours of the morning. We could also hear the chefs chopping vegetables during the afternoon, so the room was prone to all kinds of noise.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richlepik
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were visiting Kitzbuhel every end of December for our Christmas break and last December 2017 we decided to stay at Q! Resort. We were getting a very good deal for their standard room with a half board package attached to it. We were reading their reviews in TripAdvisor and was not expecting too much, but we were delightedly surprised with how great the hotel actually is! Our room was comfortable enough for us and this is their smallest type of room, their sauna were great with 2 saunas, 1 steam room and beautifully designed relaxing area with unlimited teas, infused water, banana chips and mixed nuts. We were always there every late afternoon after skiing(not me but my partner, I was just love walking in the snow). And a half board is a must if you're staying in this hotel because their set menu dinner were amazing and the menu were changing every single night when we were staying there(we were staying for 4 nights). Their breakfast also great and all foods that are being served in Q! Resort are organic and healthy. We truly surprised with how great our stay turned out and definitely it was a great value for money.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2018

We stayed here for a week at the beginning of January. Everything was absolutely fantastic.

Location - very convenient. Literally a couple of metres from the train station so very easy to get to. It's about a 10 minute walk into the village and ski lifts. The hotel provides a daily shuttle service to and from the ski lifts, but you can also use the local bus and train during the day with winter sports equipment.

Food - outstanding. There was a huge variety of food at the breakfast buffer, all of very high quality. There were freshly cooked hot options including eggs, omelettes, waffles and porridge. In addition there were lots of cheeses and meets. A huge selection of cereals, nuts and seeds; cakes, croissants, fruits and yoghurts. The bread was fantastic - some of the best we have had at a hotel.

We paid for half board - which was great value. Every evening there is a three course menu, salad buffet and a wide selection of cheese. There are three menus to choose from meat and fish, vegetarian or vegan. However, you could choose different courses from each menu. The quality and choice was outstanding. Despite eating in the hotel every evening we were not bored. The menu was really varied and there was something different every day.

There was a good selection of cocktails and spirits, and a reasonably priced wine list.

Rooms - we stayed in an economy room which was a reasonable size. I suspect some of the more expensive rooms are a bit bigger and more luxurious. It was clean and had everything we needed. Our room did overlook the train station but this wasn't really a problem. We had the window open and still slept well despite the trains going past. Its not a particularly busy station so there is probably only one or two trains an hour.

Staff - exceptional. All the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. They were always very keen to help and did their best to make sure we enjoyed our stay.

The first day we stayed it was my birthday. At breakfast I received a cake with a sparkler in and two glasses of sparkling wine. I hadn't informed the hotel of my birthday so this was a complete surprise and an example of the nice little touches this hotel makes for guests.

Things to do - We spent the week skiing. We have skied in lots of resorts in Europe and Canada and Kitzbuehel has to be one of the best. It was the week before the Hahnenkamm race and was really interesting to see all the race preparations. It was just a shame we couldn't stay another week to watch! The hotel offers yoga, a gym and has a spa but because the skiing was so great we didn't manage to use these!

Overall, we had an absolutely perfect week. We will definitely book Q resort again when we return to Kitzbuehel.

Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Kitzbühel.
I flew from Luton to Innsbruck where I got a taxi to the train station which cost €15 then went by train to Kitzbühel costing €15 through the mountains which was fantastic with a snowy back drop, the train time was 1hr 10mins and the train stopped at the main station in Kitzbühel and the Q resort Hotel Spa is a 2 min walk.
The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel puts on a free shuttle bus to the ski lifts which you have to put your name down for.
The snow conditions was the best I have seen in Kitzbühel for this time of the year for many a year.
On the Saturday night I went and watched Ice Hockey which I have wanted to do on my previous visits but they weren’t playing at home.

Overall I a couple of great days skiing.

I would recommend the Q Resort Hotel & Spa.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2017

The Q resort is located between the main station and a creek, not to far away from the city centre. Whilst the initial impression was "wow, next to the main station" it really doesn't bother you once you are inside the hotel. Besides, the train traffic is fairly limited. The hotel has recently been renovated. It's style is modern Austrian classics with very nice pieces of art well placed across the hotel. The spa area is huge and very inviting. The dining room is comfortable, elegantly unadorned and still cozy. Food (both for dinner and breakfast) is outstanding offering wide choices from local Austrian to vegetarian to veganian menues.

Room Tip: All rooms located towards the creek side + balcony with partial view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple