“First night in Vienna - delicious ”
Review of Kern Beisl

Kern Beisl
Ranked #699 of 4,677 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

We ate here the first night in Vienna when we couldn't find the beisel we were looking for.

Tasty food, friendly waiter, plenty of locals in eating.

Reviewed May 10, 2016 via mobile

Hearty food at a low price. Service was very quick. Recommend the beef in red wine sauce and fried potatoes.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

We wanted to have lunch off the tourist track so we chose this little restaurant at random. Clearly a local eating house at lunchtime and after a grumpy greeting by the waiter, we still decided to try it. I had the schnitzel ( of course) and Lynn had the white asparagus in a home made hollaiinday sauce. Our meals were served by a lovely waitress and simply terrific. Don't be put off by Mr. Grumpy, the food and vino makes for a very nice lunch.

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

A small restaurant - a reservation necessary - with good food and reasonable prices. Unfortunately they didn't offer draft beer when we visited and the bottled beers we took were average at the most.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

This restaurant came highly recommended but our experience was quite disappointing. The food was okay but nothing brilliant but staff/service was particularly poor. The waiter managed to totally get my desert order wrong. He then took it away to get it sorted out, only to return with the original desert covered with chocolate sauce and walnuts. He then ignored me and walked off. I was furious and followed him through the restaurant with the wrong desert. I caught up with him at the bar and this time I left him in absolutely no doubt that I was unhappy!!! It was a real shame that the poor service and failure to pay attention to the customer's order resulted in our dinner being spoiled. I could not in all honesty, recommend this restaurant. It was our worst dining experience in Vienna.