“Nice restaurant”

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wieden
Reviewed October 28, 2016

We were looking for a restaurant in the neighbourhood of our hotel and found Beograd in a side street. The food was good and the atmosphere relaxed. Attentive service too.

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

During our recent visit to Vienna my parents and I visited this very nice restaurant twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. The decoration is rather unique with dozens of paintings depicting peasant life in Serbia in a style that is at times reminiscent of Brueghel. The staff are friendly and sometimes entertain their guests by playing music. The food was excellent and plentiful. We can especially recommend the delicious lamb skewer and the huge Beograd plate.

Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

We selected Restaurant Beograd because of the reviews and proximity to our hotel. We had a wonderful meal. We arrived early, 5:30 pm, and were the only people in the restaurant. By 6:30 pm it was filling up quickly. We had a Meza mixed appetizer, bread, my partner had soup and we shared the mixed grill and 4 glasses (2 each) of house wine for about 40€. This was more than enough food for the two of us. The food was excellent. The house wine was passable. I will come back here the next time in Vienna. We were tired of over priced Italian restaurants in the museum district. This was refreshing and authentic. We also highly recommend Cafe Anzengruber which serves excellent typical Austrian food. Locals eat at both restaurants.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

I have some friends back home from the serbian area and so I thought I'd venture from the austrian restaurants and I was very pleased. When I walked in I thought it was empty, but they have a huge courtyard out back where the other customers were hiding. I had the Vesalica – grilled fillet of pork and rice with mixed peppers, paprika pepper relish and onions. The pork was perfectly cooked and tender. I would gladly buy a jar of that paprika pepper relish to have to put on everything for the rest of my trip if they sold it. Would definitely return if I return to Vienna.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

What a find. Found by luck looking for somewhere to eat on a Sunday. Three of us had a steak (superb) and platter for two (would easily feed 3-4) 2 beers and a tea for €64. Sat in garden. Nice atmosphere, good food, good service. Nice place to eat.

Date of visit: June 2016