“Sushi, Maki that tastes as good as it looks!”

KitchA - Sticks & Rolls
Ranked #27 of 4,770 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Let us take you on a journey through a new experience of taste. Our Ramen warms your stomach with love and our takoyaki (a specialty in japan) will make your taste sense go crazy in a good way. We offer a diversity of Sticks & Rolls (Sushi). The fish is freshly made by our sushi chef. You can also find Tapas (small snacks) at our restaurant. Our Highlight: The Robata Grill
Reviewed May 2, 2018

My mother and I went here for the first time this past week. I saw the reviews, the pictures, and the prices, so my expectations were relatively high. They were met and THEN some! We shared a Crispy Shrimp Roll and a King Roll (king crab filling). It took a good 20 minutes for the food to be prepared (I can think of some people who might be annoyed by that… that’s the only reason I mention it), but it was well worth the wait. Not only was the presentation absolutely fabulous, the rolls tasted fresh, inventive, and delicious! The wait staff was incredibly kind, even if some of them were a bit eager to clear our table from time to time (I recently read in another review that that had bothered the author in question..), but from what I gathered, they were expecting a busy night and probably just wanted to get everything taken care of prior to the big dinner rush. Didn’t bother us at all.

If you’re looking for something more traditional and (ultimately) less expensive, this probably isn’t the place for you; however, if you’re in business for a modern/ fusion take on sushi and maki (as well as other hot dishes!), prepare to be wowed!

10/10.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Very nice evening, the soups were authentic, the starters, enjoyable and rolls were very tasty. The prices are fair.
The waiters could be more passionate.

Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Very good rolls and big dishes! No English menù, quick service and kind employees(they speak a little bit of English)

KitchA_Marketing, Manager at KitchA - Sticks & Rolls, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Hello!
Thanks for your review!
We don't have an English menu yet, but will in the near future, when our new carte goes public.
Most of our waiters can speak English on B2 Level, just two can't. We are sorry if there were any complications regarding communication.

Thanks for your visit and feedback, we appreciate it!
Kind regards,
KitchA Team

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

For me it’s the best Asian restaurant in 1st district here in vienna! The food is modern and very delicious . And the location is just next to the Donube river!

1  Thank andrea g
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

As recent vegetarians my Mum and I were surprised when this restaurant appeared as a good place to eat. However, one glance at the menu and we knew that we were spoiled for choice. Two delicious bowls of miso soup, edamame, wok fried vegetables and a plate of sushi and we were fit for bursting. Everything was incredible. The waiters were exceptionally attentive. A lovely atmosphere.