“Excellent food, price and service”
Review of Curry Lanka

Curry Lanka
Ranked #1,296 of 4,791 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$17 - US$57
Neighbourhood: Neubau
Neighbourhood: Neubau
Reviewed August 10, 2018

My friend and I came across Curry Lanka on our first day in Vienna. We had just come off a flight and were in dire need of food. As soon as we saw the menu we walked in and were not disappointed. We tried the Veggie Thali which was great. A lovely variety of flavours and food which left us satisfied. The staff were lovely, they were friendly and accommodating. The menu itself is huge, so there is enough for everyone, whether you eat meat or want something vegetarian. The drinks in the heat was exactly what we needed, and were so delighted to know that they made fresh fruit juices which tasted amazing.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is really so cosy and very nice, I enjoyed so much the food and so friendly people, definitely i recommend it

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank noham331
Reviewed July 6, 2018

Having worked in Sri Lanka I was always impressed by the spices. I truly enjoyed coming here twice during my last stay in Vienna - being easy to reach next to Westbahnhof. Food is freshly prepared - home cooked in the true sense and you can "steer" the chili level...

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant yesterday and were absolutely amazed by the quality of the food. Every item we ordered was exceptional and very fresh,. The owner took the trouble to ensure it was customized for us ( spice levels). I would recommend the chicken curry, Raita, paratha and the thali. My friend and I liked it so much, that we are going back this evening. Great work and keep it up!!!!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Sahana N
Reviewed June 20, 2018

I went there for the first time and also took my friends along. We were a group of 6 but no one enjoyed the food at all. They somehow had 2 menus i dont know why. When i said that i was expecting some south indian or sri lankan dishes, the guy got me a new menu which had items from south. It is a new restaurant and needs lot of rework in terms of infrastructure and planning. They had TV with no cable connection. The food tasted bad and looked liked it was not fresh. The masala in the masala dosa was horrible and whoso ever ate it had bad stomach the next day. I ordered parothas with curry and the curries were like reheated in microwave and missed the south indian taste. Everyone in the group cursed me for taking them to this restaurant. Pretty sure that i wont go there again and wont even recommend to any one.

Date of visit: June 2018