All reviews opera house albertina museum would stay here again large windows storage space perfect location hotel is located fresh fruit small bathroom within walking distance breakfast was included two blocks stephen's cathedral comfortable hotel pedestrian wiener meats
Reviewed December 8, 2017

A few blocks up from the Albertina Museum lies this small, delightful, family run hotel that is great on service, and very centrally located. The staff (every single one), are exceptionally helpful and have great suggestions if you need one. Claudia often makes the rounds at breakfast in the morning to make sure all of her guests are happy and on the right track for the day. Breakfast is wonderful. A great assortment of meats, breads, cheese, eggs. and fruit. And lovely sweet treats for a morning dessert. This is within walking distance of the Opera, Albertina, Hofburg Quarter, and St Stephens. We spent 6 nights here and very very pleased. Rooms are on the smallish side, as are many European hotels, which their service and location more than offset. Highly recommend, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 43 as a double and 44 as a single. Both fine.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days with family. Hotel staff where very helpful. Staff spoke English. Breakfast was a great selection. If I went back to Vienna I will stay here again. Hotel was clean fresh towels daily. Exceptional service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed July 23, 2017

The hotel is very well located, the atmosphere, staff and breakfast were very acceptable. The breakfast does not offer a very large selection but is nice.

However, even while taking the price per room in to consideration, the rooms could very much use air-conditioning and at least my room was extremely small. Also, the "length" of the bed was smaller than me and I am 188cm. Unfortunately, the WiFi was completely useless as in many other places for a reason which is beyond my understanding.

As a conclusion, the hotel offers fair value but has room for improvement.

Room Tip: If you are a man taller than a midget, ask about the bed prior to booking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rogueinzurich
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

I was in Wien for a weekend and stay with coachsurf, unfornately my host didn't had a printer for me to print my ticket back home.
I went to the city and stopped at this hotel asked if they could print my ticket or tell me some place I could do it. The receptionist asked right away "are you staying here?" I told her no she said that she couldn't print my ticket because I might put virus on the system while doing it. So after explaining my situation that I needed the ticket to go back home, Portugal, I asked if she knew a place where I could print it. She answered "Go find it yourself, or go back home and print it there". My home is about 3000km away, like I told her, so that option is impossible and she repeated the same thing very loud, basically telling me to go away. I know I wasn't staying at that hotel, but she could have answered better, even if she didn't know a place for me to print the ticket.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ambassador716802
Reviewed July 1, 2017

Good location. A city block walk from metro stop, very close to tram, Opera hall, shopping and about a 1/2 mile from St.Stephen's cathedral. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. The women who is the manager, would make a point to greet everyone guest in the morning. The rooms were quite, very comfortable and came with a fan. Bathroom was European small but workable and had a drying rack in the shower for washing hand washing clothes. Breakfast was included, limited selection but always had fresh fruit which was unusual in Europe. The only very slight minus was the limited selection of restaurants around the hotel. But there are plenty that are within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple