US$126
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$287
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smallopera housebreakfast roomalbertina museumside streetan excellent place to staydefinately stay herecharming hotelbreakfast was deliciouslarge windowsexcellent locationeasy accessstorage spacefresh fruitlate at nightwithin walking distancetwo blocks
Reviewed February 2, 2018

Vienna was the last leg of our trip. We arrived on the train from Salzburg and took a taxi to the hotel. We were told, since we requested the 10% discount that was promised if we booked directly and had the "Rick Steve's guidebook that we needed to pay for our entire stay in cash, immediately, before checking in. I asked if we could give them our credit card to hold while we freshened up in our room before heading to the ATM for cash. The hotel clerk ran back to the office where the manager was hiding (she refused to speak directly with us) and was told "no" and that we had to pay immediately. We were asked to sit in the breakfast room while making a decision when we met another couple in the same predicament. They were staying longer and had to use numerous cards to get the cash for the entire bill. We decided to not fuss anymore- to walk to the ATM down the street and get the cash. Luckily we increased our daily cash withdrawal limit before leaving the US. We paid the bill and were given the keys to the room- it was small (which we expected) on the top floor next to the housekeeping area so noisy in the early morning. It wasn't a good experience and I would recommend you find a different hotel. In walking in the core area we found quite a few hotels that would have been better options.

Room Tip: Don't ask for the top floor- housekeeping starts early.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cy W
Reviewed December 8, 2017

A few blocks up from the Albertina Museum lies this small, delightful, family run hotel that is great on service, and very centrally located. The staff (every single one), are exceptionally helpful and have great suggestions if you need one. Claudia often makes the rounds at breakfast in the morning to make sure all of her guests are happy and on the right track for the day. Breakfast is wonderful. A great assortment of meats, breads, cheese, eggs. and fruit. And lovely sweet treats for a morning dessert. This is within walking distance of the Opera, Albertina, Hofburg Quarter, and St Stephens. We spent 6 nights here and very very pleased. Rooms are on the smallish side, as are many European hotels, which their service and location more than offset. Highly recommend, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 43 as a double and 44 as a single. Both fine.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days with family. Hotel staff where very helpful. Staff spoke English. Breakfast was a great selection. If I went back to Vienna I will stay here again. Hotel was clean fresh towels daily. Exceptional service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed July 23, 2017

The hotel is very well located, the atmosphere, staff and breakfast were very acceptable. The breakfast does not offer a very large selection but is nice.

However, even while taking the price per room in to consideration, the rooms could very much use air-conditioning and at least my room was extremely small. Also, the "length" of the bed was smaller than me and I am 188cm. Unfortunately, the WiFi was completely useless as in many other places for a reason which is beyond my understanding.

As a conclusion, the hotel offers fair value but has room for improvement.

Room Tip: If you are a man taller than a midget, ask about the bed prior to booking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank rogueinzurich
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

I was in Wien for a weekend and stay with coachsurf, unfornately my host didn't had a printer for me to print my ticket back home.
I went to the city and stopped at this hotel asked if they could print my ticket or tell me some place I could do it. The receptionist asked right away "are you staying here?" I told her no she said that she couldn't print my ticket because I might put virus on the system while doing it. So after explaining my situation that I needed the ticket to go back home, Portugal, I asked if she knew a place where I could print it. She answered "Go find it yourself, or go back home and print it there". My home is about 3000km away, like I told her, so that option is impossible and she repeated the same thing very loud, basically telling me to go away. I know I wasn't staying at that hotel, but she could have answered better, even if she didn't know a place for me to print the ticket.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo